Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2013 jkur. Got the Rugged Ridge XHD rear bumper. The bracket for the passenger side isn't lining up properly with the bolt holes. The side that bolts to the frame rail are ok. But the little tab in the bracket that bolts to the cross member does not line up with the factory hole. also, when I place the bumper on the brackets, the bumper holes don't line up with the holes on the passenger bracket.
Does anyone know if the rear bumper sites in fact normally work on the 2013?

Here is the passenger side rear bumper
rom the top
Bumper Automotive exterior Auto part Automotive tire Rim

Below is the passenger side bracket. That is the bolt that goes from the bracket to the cross member, the holes don't line up.
Auto part Vehicle

·
Registered
283 Posts
I will be putting mine on my 2012 tomorrow...I will let you know if I encounter the same problem. I just got done putting the RR XHD front bumper on and had not problems.
Love the look of these bumpers.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
JeepJinx said:
I will be putting mine on my 2012 tomorrow...I will let you know if I encounter the same problem. I just got done putting the RR XHD front bumper on and had not problems.
Love the look of these bumpers.
Be sure to take a pic of the passenger side bracket. I'm thinking I got a bad bracket since the tab of the bracket that bolts to the cross member is misaligned and also doesn't sit flush on the cross member along with the issue I noted above.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I called up quadratec. They are gonna send me a whole new bumper, complete with brackets and a label to ship the old one back. I'm hoping this one will fit correctly.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I have RR XHD front and rear on a 2010 and found the front was a bit more of a PITA than the rear. The trick is to leave all the bolts loose until you get 2 started each side, then tighten them down evenly to pull the bumper into place for the rest.

Good luck - it's worth the effort :D

·
Registered
283 Posts
I was going to say the same thing. I left all bolts loose till all were in and threaded a bit.
You can see in the first pic that mine were not all that aligned either...but i was able to set the rubber plugs in fairly easy.
Are you doing a tire carrier? I may soon.
I also agree with Vladivar about the front being a PITA...but still fun to get done on your own.
Have a beer...enjoy the mod...
Jinx

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I just put on the front xhd bumper tonight. It was a small pita, and some of the holes were ever-so-slightly misaligned. But a little weight on the prerunner guard made the holes line up to the bumper. I'll put a pic up when it's daylight again.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
JeepJinx said:
I was going to say the same thing. I left all bolts loose till all were in and threaded a bit.
You can see in the first pic that mine were not all that aligned either...but i was able to set the rubber plugs in fairly easy.
Are you doing a tire carrier? I may soon.
I also agree with Vladivar about the front being a PITA...but still fun to get done on your own.
Have a beer...enjoy the mod...
Jinx
Yes, I have the the tire carrier, too. I originally had the bolts loose on the brackets to the frame. But there was no way I was going to get it all lined up for *all* the bolts to actually fit into all the holes for everything.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts