Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 136 Posts

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've finally figured I'd put one of these together. When I bought the Jeep in September, I had very little plans to do a whole heck of a lot, but with the few mods here and there creeping in, I figured I'd put one together.

Here's the Jeep on the dealer lot:

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Next was a mod not to the Jeep, but to the garage--wanted to put my Harken Hoister in, but the garage door opener was in the way. Called a local company to relocate the opener to the outside of the door tracks and install a torsion spring and some brackets so everything still worked properly.

Before:

After:

Here's the actual lift in place with the hard top on it:

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Couple of additions:

Tuffy passenger side security box:

Bestop High Rock Mirrors with Die-Tech brackets for taking the doors off and not having to pull the OEM mirrors off the doors. I wanted something that looked stocks:

·
Registered
133 Posts
I saw your new wheels on another post...f'n awesome with the white lettering and selected center caps! Exactly what I had in mind for my rig but went another route to save funds for other mods. Regardless, keep 'em coming! :thumb:

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
When I ordered the Jeep, I didn't like the stock Sahara wheels at all, so I paid for the upgraded wheels. They ended up being a bit too blingy for my taste, so I started to consider powder coating (the only estimate I got was $600). To see if I would like the look, I grabbed some cans of PlastiDip and started spraying:

Just cleaned ready for the Dip:

After 6 coats. Love the look--so much better than the polished aluminum:

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Came from a couple of Infinitis that had HID headlights. Then bought an Explorer which didn't (what a downgrade). Finally got my Jeep and thought I had 2 candles shining out of the front, so I picked up some JW Speakers 8700 Evolution 2 headlights, the JW Spearker 6145 fog lights and a harness made by Ray at SMS. They work fantastically well (even though they are a MAJOR pain in the butt to aim horizontally--have a couple of replacement adjustment screws on order so I don't have to take the lights off to do the horizontal aiming).

Lights in and running--no flicker:

High Beams:

Low Beams:

Fogs:

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Now for the biggest mod that completely changed the look of the Sahara:

2" Rancho Sport Lift with 9000XL Shocks
285/70r17 GoodYear DuraTrac's
Rugged Ridge 17" XHD wheels in Satin Black (28lbs, if anyone is curious)
Rugged Ridge Black Center Caps

In the box:

Tires arrived:

Front done (was running out of daylight, so no shots of the rear):

Lift done, but old shoes (had to wait a day):

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Finally all together. Offset of the wheels has affected the camera mounting--have to figure out a way to push it out more so I can get the full field of view. Also, have to "upgrade" the bumper stops behind the spare since the stock ones aren't log enough to reach the tire.

·
Build Thread Queen
13,193 Posts
Hey! Awesome build thread! :thumb:

What are those center caps you got for the wheels called? I like those a lot!

Can't wait to see what's up next!

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I saw your new wheels on another post...f'n awesome with the white lettering and selected center caps! Exactly what I had in mind for my rig but went another route to save funds for other mods. Regardless, keep 'em coming! :thumb:
Thanks! I like the white lettering on the outside--breaks up the black a bit. The wheels originally came with a chromed plastic center cap, but I found black ones that I liked a lot better.

Hey! Awesome build thread! :thumb:

What are those center caps you got for the wheels called? I like those a lot!

Can't wait to see what's up next!
Thanks Star! Nice to finally have everything in one place.

The center caps are these:

Rugged Ridge 15305.51 - Rugged Ridge Modular Center Cap in Matte Black - Quadratec

You can actually use the entire thing, or just pop out the center circle and use that if you want more of a flush mount cap.

·
Build Thread Queen
13,193 Posts
Thanks! Mike got the ones that are like a spray can cap. He plastidipped them black, so there wasn't all that chrome, but the ones you got look really sweet. I will definitely check them out! :)

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks! Mike got the ones that are like a spray can cap. He plastidipped them black, so there wasn't all that chrome, but the ones you got look really sweet. I will definitely check them out! :)
That's what mine came with...kinda like old school hub locks. I was going to plastidip mine too until I found these. :)

1 - 20 of 136 Posts