Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to get some nice rubber floor mats for my 2012 Jeep Wrangler. My jeep came with the ones that match my carpet but they just fill with dust - I want something I can wash off! I also don't want ones that look like "tire treads".

Do any of you have any recommendations? If you do, I sure would appreciate an internet link if you wouldn't mind posting one for me!:)

By the way, are the factory ones okay or are they poor quality?

Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Floor liners

I would like to get some nice rubber floor mats for my 2012 Jeep Wrangler. My jeep came with the ones that match my carpet but they just fill with dust - I want something I can wash off! I also don't want ones that look like "tire treads".

Do any of you have any recommendations? If you do, I sure would appreciate an internet link if you wouldn't mind posting one for me!:)

By the way, are the factory ones okay or are they poor quality?

Thanks for the help!
There are lots of threads here about "Floor Liners".... "BH"

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
Rugged ridge, 4wd or quadratec molded liners. All the same, just different names. All awesome. Ive got the quadratecs.

·
Registered
821 Posts
LINERS > MATS
Just FYI there are mats and then there are liners. Liners will hold the water where mats (like the tire tread Mopar ones) will just let it slide right off to the carpet. That's why I think liners are the best option. I've got the quadratecs front liners. They fit really well, look cool, and are pretty cheap. They do catch my heel sometimes when I'm clutching. That makes me think the weather tech are the best for stick shifts, but I'm still happy with mine and they were cheaper.

GET FREE SHIPPING
If you like the quadratecs you can get free shipping by using the google shopping cart or sending the rep on the site a PM. This link I think will take you to the google shopping option --> google shopping cart - Google Search

·
Registered
4,765 Posts
I got the Mopar Slush Mats on E-bay. they work great. Heavy duty and fit great. From what I understand they are basically the same as the Quadratec ones with the one difference being the logo. The Mopar Slush Mats say JEEP while the Quadratec has the Quadratec logo on it.

·
Registered
188 Posts
There are tons of posts about floor liners. I finally got the Quadratech's for the front and I am very happy. I later got the rear deck liner. I left the factory fabric mats in the back...Tacky maybe but no one rides in the rear much. Early posts indicated the Quadtratech's didn't fit well but that has been fixed. Go thru Google shopping and you can get free shipping. :dance:

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks everyone for your responses!:)

Floor liners are what I had in mind so thanks for clarifying that for me.

The WeatherTech ones appear to fit my needs.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Glad to have seen this thread. I was having this exact debate earlier this afternoon.

I think I'm going to get the Quadratec set, but the one with the Tread Lightly logos so they can get the donations from the purchase ($5 from front, $5 from back, $5 from cargo, so $15 total).

·
Registered
462 Posts
I got the Mopar Slush Mats on E-bay. they work great. Heavy duty and fit great. From what I understand they are basically the same as the Quadratec ones with the one difference being the logo. The Mopar Slush Mats say JEEP while the Quadratec has the Quadratec logo on it.
Not the same, Mopar's doesn't have much wall that it can't hold much liquid. Using someone's defintion above, Quadratec's is liner that has much deeper wall.

·
Registered
462 Posts
X2 Superior to Qtecs in every way!
I bought the Quaretec because it's much cheaper and it allows me to choose the option with subwoofer. Rugged Ridge and WeatherTech, I will have to cut it myself, not really a problem, but just easier if I don't have to.
How is the WeatherTech better?

·
Registered
4,765 Posts
Not the same, Mopar's doesn't have much wall that it can't hold much liquid. Using someone's defintion above, Quadratec's is liner that has much deeper wall.
Mine hold a lot. Not sure how deep many would need but I think they are pretty deep (3/4" side wall). I guess the hole that allows it to hook would allow water to come out but it also makes the mats stay in place but Quads have this too so does it even matter how tall the sides are if they have a hole in them. I would bet most will be happy with either

·
Registered
518 Posts
I bought the Quaretec because it's much cheaper and it allows me to choose the option with subwoofer. Rugged Ridge and WeatherTech, I will have to cut it myself, not really a problem, but just easier if I don't have to.
How is the WeatherTech better?
I still haven't purchased yet. I'd love to know why folks think WT is better than the QT set.

I've been doing about 2 hours of reading on the internet (yeah, I'm multi-tasking while watching a movie!). It looks like the WeatherTech mat extends up under the pedals on the drivers side to ensure that it catches anything. I can't say for sure if the Quadratechs do?

·
Registered
462 Posts
Mine hold a lot. Not sure how deep many would need I guess but I think they are pretty deep but I guess the hole that allows it to hook allows water to come out but it also makes the mats stay in place but Quads have this too so does it even matter how tall the sides are if they have a hole in them. I would bet most will be happy with either
The Quadratec and others have raised wall around the holes, the top of the hook is below the wall.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts