Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

Rubi Electronic Swaybar

1K views 15 replies 7 participants last post by  monkers 
#1 ·
I found someone who is willing to sell me the electronic swaybar disconnect off of their jeep for $350, so I figured I would go for it. My only concern is if it will work on my Mountain Edition once I install the switch and harness. Anyone know? If so, do I have to go to the dealer to have it flashed?

Thanks!!

#4 ·
Why not run a anti-rock? I understand the point of this but if it is going to run you close to a anti-rock then might as well get the better setup.

#5 ·
Since I'm not the expert that most of you guys are on suspension, what makes the anti rock better? Also, I'm pretty sure the anti rock will work with 35's, but will the rubi e-disco work okay with that setup as well?

#6 ·
Anti-rock is NOT better for on-road. In fact, it's worse, as it's designed more for off-road control than on-road (in terms of rate, and stiffness, both of which are reduced vs. stock). I would NOT recommend one to someone who doesn't know they need it (because that means they don't! :))

The e-disco is a good idea, but they don't last well. Save the $- get a set of manual disco's (if you even need them- see the recent thread on this), and keep $250 plus shipping :) Mark W.

#7 ·
For the wheeling I have been doing, I definitey feel that I need disconnects.

I saw the thread, and it gave me a new perspective. I think I will go with manual disco's instead, thanks for recommending it.

If any of the other guys are actually interested, shoot me a PM and I'll forward you the guys contact info for his e-disco.

#13 ·
For the wheeling I have been doing, I definitey feel that I need disconnects.

I saw the thread, and it gave me a new perspective. I think I will go with manual disco's instead, thanks for recommending it.

If any of the other guys are actually interested, shoot me a PM and I'll forward you the guys contact info for his e-disco.

Definetly go with the manual disconnects. I- have the manual JKS quicker disconnects and love them. the best part about those is that they can be re-adjusted for ride height and they are fairly beefier than some other brands.

Also, props on throwing a bone out for the E-disco.... :appl:

#9 ·
Hey, we're all in this together. Just trying to pay it forward.

#10 ·
^ Ya see, I'm always disappointed when people FAIL to do this. Had a guy whose Rubi I did work on. The whole time, we were talking about axles, and I said repeatedly that I'd KILL for his built front D44. We talked about it, and so on. Never charged him a cent for two weekends worth of work.

3 months later (we kept in touch), he tells me he got D60's. I, of course, get excited, hoping he'd throw me a bone with the front 44. So I ask. He had SOLD IT FOR SCRAP!!! Grr... still, and always will be, miffed at that one :)

Anytime you find yourself down in Dutchess County, give me a buzz! Mark W.

#11 ·
That really sucks about the D44, I would have been crushed on that one.

Dutchess is actually up for me, but less then an hour. Defiinitely will do.

#14 ·
Thanks, I'll check those ones out too.

#16 ·
do they have a website, im down in sullivan county area, between 2 of the NYC resivoirs, just curious about there shop....always keepin an ear open you know

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.