Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up a low milage 2018 Rubicon JL suspension (shocks/springs) and plan to install with the Rough Country 3/4" spacer to level the front end.

Instructions for the spacer says to disconnect trackbars, control arms, axle vent tubes, etc. to install. Seems pretty complicated for just a thick rubber washer.

I've watched videos for switching shocks/springs and that seems simple compared to the Rough Country instructions. Appreciate your comments if you have done either or both of these mods.

TIA

·
Premium Member
16,902 Posts
Doesn't matter whether it's a rubber bumper or a full blown suspension - steps are close to the same as are the importance of the reverse steps (torquing everything to spec while on the ground)

One reason why I usually steer folks toward a quality Full suspension lift - the expense is close as is the work. Why not enjoy the Full effect once done.

I love my Rancho lift on my JLUR. It is better than the OE.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's fine for those who want a full lift but not for me. I have no plans for 35's or 37's, 33 is likely as big as I will have. The Rubi lift gives me all I need.

When I put a Rubi suspension under my 2007 JK I don't recall taking anything loose except for lower control arms and brake line brackets. Doing it to the JL seems more complex than I remember.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I've done more than a few lift kits.
If not doing a full lift..which is what I just did to my JLUR..I installed 2 in taller springs front only.
Get yourself a spring compressor, only thing I did was swaybar & shocks along with brake line clamp.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts