Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed my rubi rails today and I had a question. One Rail fit in nice and snug and the other didn't quite as well, leaving a small gap. Here are pics to show you what I mean..

The side that fit well:

The side that had a gap:

It seemed like the angle of the mounts that bolt onto the frame were a little off causing there to be a gap. Before bolting down, I could push on the rail to make it sit flush, but this caused there to be about 3/4 inches between the mount and frame. Has anyone run into this?

Let me know if I am being nit picky with it, I just want to make sure its not something on my end.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Here's another shot of the side with the gap from a little further away.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Mine is the same as well, maybe once you smack a rock real good, it will raise it up more!

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys, that's what I figured.

·
Registered
310 Posts
The ones that came on my 2013 Rubicon seem tight and match side to side. Maybe there is a factoiry adjustment that involves a rock or two???

·
Registered
283 Posts
I ran into the same situation when I added my RR's. One side had more of a gap than the other. I could see that by bending the 3 angle arm bars it would move the RR closer to the rocker panel, but rather than trying to bend all three just right, I just added some thick washers between the angle arms and the underside of the Jeep. I tightened all the pinch seam bolts first.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts