Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, so I think I am going to buy stiffer springs and a leveling kit. Now, if I get the stiffer springs, is it still going to have the rake like the stock springs do? I am assuming it will that is why I plan on the leveling kit. How much lift can I expect from a set up like this? Also, will I need to modify anything else, or will this lift be small enough that everything will still work?

·
Super Moderator
53,784 Posts
Red Sahara said:
OK, so I think I am going to buy stiffer springs and a leveling kit. Now, if I get the stiffer springs, is it still going to have the rake like the stock springs do? I am assuming it will that is why I plan on the leveling kit. How much lift can I expect from a set up like this? Also, will I need to modify anything else, or will this lift be small enough that everything will still work?
What springs do you have?

Gluestick my battle buddy and I installed a leveling kit on his JKU. He still has a bit of a rake.
He's looking for 19 HD springs to bring the front up a little more. Hopefully to even the jeep out. Looking at the jeep- I believe it will.

It all depends on what spring rate your jeep has to start. 18-19's with a leveling kit you should be fine.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What springs do you have?

Gluestick my battle buddy and I installed a leveling kit on his JKU. He still has a bit of a rake.
He's looking for 19 HD springs to bring the front up a little more. Hopefully to even the jeep out. Looking at the jeep- I believe it will.

It all depends on what spring rate your jeep has to start. 18-19's with a leveling kit you should be fine.
Thanks. I am going to check them out. I am on crutches now, so I cant crawl under the Jeep. No towing package, so they are probably pretty low.

·
First Jeep: M38A1
368 Posts
We have a JK (NOT the one in my signature) with some mods that is currently sitting about 1/2" lower in the front, measured tire to fender lip, and still has the stock 14/57 setup. We are having 19/60 put in tomorrow, and will report back. We're hoping to level, and lift a bit.

Part of the fun is re-aiming the headlights with each change in attitude. That's for another thread though, and there are plenty of them. Springs and lights are very popular subjects.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I can see 3 of the springs rating. I can only see the passenger side front - it is 16. I can see both rears and they are 58. I am not able to see the drivers side front, I do not think there is a tag on there. Can I assume that it is 16 since both rears match? Also, wehre can I buy springs for it?

·
Registered
8,554 Posts
I can see 3 of the springs rating. I can only see the passenger side front - it is 16. I can see both rears and they are 58. I am not able to see the drivers side front, I do not think there is a tag on there. Can I assume that it is 16 since both rears match? Also, wehre can I buy springs for it?
No. The fronts are usually different. 16/17 front and 58 rear seems a popular set up with the 4 doors.

Having done the swap from 16/17/58 myself on my 4 door, I would recommend you NOT do this. The 19/60 swap is better served on a lighter weight 2 door that has spring numbers down in the 13 or 14 range for the front and 55 or 56 in the rear.

I would expect 19/60s would lift you about half an inch. Not really worth the effort.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
No. The fronts are usually different. 16/17 front and 58 rear seems a popular set up with the 4 doors.

Having done the swap from 16/17/58 myself on my 4 door, I would recommend you NOT do this. The 19/60 swap is better served on a lighter weight 2 door that has spring numbers down in the 13 or 14 range for the front and 55 or 56 in the rear.

I would expect 19/60s would lift you about half an inch. Not really worth the effort.
Cool - thanks for the help.

·
Registered
283 Posts

Not trying to steal this thread everybody, but MTH I have 12/13/52 springs on my wrangler unlimited X (2007) and I have a friend that will sell me his rubicon shocks and springs (not sure of the numbers but im pretty sure its 18/19/59 or 18/19/60) will this give me a little bit of lift?

·
Registered
247 Posts
Heres my .02... I have an 08 JKU that has 50,000 miles on 15/16 and 58's. Just swapped out for a low mile 18/59 set and gained an inch all around! Not sure if it was the rate or the fact that the new springs had less miles... but I'm happy either way!

Attachments

·
Registered
5,812 Posts
just keep your springs and install the RC budget boost. series 2 gives you the links and track bar brackets too. 180 bucks hour to install.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts