Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, My dana 30 is officially done. Bent into a nice smile:). Luckly I bought a 03 rubicon 44 front housing with factory locker, and gears. Picked it up about a year ago for 250.00, which i thought was a great deal. So I think I can buy new inner shafts(cro-moly), and new u joints, and reuse the dana 30 outter shafts, outter C's, brakes, and unit bearings??? I have a 8.8 that i built with 4:10 gears, so it'll match front. I'm just not sure if the U joint size is the same on the 44 inner connecting to the 30 outter, and will the drive shaft bolt up? Any help would be appreciated.
I do plan to sleeve, and truss it before I install, so hopefully this dosent happen again. and please keep the thoughts of junking the (fake) 44, and using a HP30 out of this tread.

·
Registered
2,800 Posts
1. go full alloy its not worth the few dollars you save by reusing the dana 30 outers when you shear the ears off it.
2. Yes the knuckle, unit bearing, and brakes bolt right inplace.
3. can't remember on the drive shaft.
4. I wouldn't put too much turd polish on the Rubi44. gusset the Cs and skidplate the lower mounts. By the time you sleeve and truss it you might as well bought a better axle (dana 60)

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok, thanks. I figure I can at least sleeve it for about 100 bucks, and save little more for outer shafts, gussets, and skids. Plus new ball joints while it apart. Still can't find anything on rubi drive shaft u joint size? I have some spare 1310 in garage. I'll check to see if they fit, but housing looks like it would be couple inches back farther after its mounted??? But then again I'm an expert at trial an error!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts