Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,

Having a bit of difficulty with Rims, Tires and Lift. Have a 2017 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Recon.

I would like the Fuel Assault 18x9, TOYO Open Country R/T in a 35, and the 2" or 4" Mopar lift, with FOX brand shocks.

Does anyone out there have this config. If so, anything special to get it all working, safe, and legal ?

If I cant use these Rims, I would be perfectly fine with my stock 18x7.5's, however, I would like to use the largest R/T tire I can, up to a 35.

Spoke with a few local resources (dealers and customs), however, everyone seems to have something different to be said.

Let me know. Appreciated

Some info -
The 18x9 Assault is available with a -12, +1mm, and +20mm backspace for stock, leveled, and lifted trucks.

I am not sure of the requirement for the stock rim, for Off-set and backspace.

The tire is the Open Country R/T 35-12.50-18 8.5-11 Model 350170

And the two lift kit options are -
Mopar® 77070088 Stage I 2" Lift Kit with Fox Shocks for 12-17
Mopar® 77072353 4" Lift Kit with Fox Remote Reservoir Shocks for 07-17

·
Premium Member
2,735 Posts
Tires and rims with right backspace for lift will be fine. 2" lift with stock fenders is close and was told 2.5 min with 35's. . 4" lift easily works

I have Fuel Anza 18" wheels and same R/Ts on a AEV lift and love it

+1 no lift and -12 for 4" by info on wheelhero.com

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Dirt Boy....

A few changes since... the build will be -

Mopar 2" lift (77070088AC)
17x9 Fuel D546 Assault Black Milled D54617900845
Toyo Open Country R/T 35x12.50R17
FOX 2.0 IFP Dual Steering Stabilizer

Still looking into if this will work/work properly. And who can do the work, and do it correctly.

·
Premium Member
2,735 Posts
Thanks Dirt Boy....

A few changes since... the build will be -

Mopar 2" lift (77070088AC)
17x9 Fuel D546 Assault Black Milled D54617900845
Toyo Open Country R/T 35x12.50R17
FOX 2.0 IFP Dual Steering Stabilizer

Still looking into if this will work/work properly. And who can do the work, and do it correctly.

With right backspacing, can do with no lift.

·
Registered
423 Posts
I would suggest you go with the Fox ATS Steering Stabilizer instead of a dual set up. This is what I put on mine and love it. Its fully adjustable and its strong enough that you don't need to have a dual system. I have a 3" lift and 35" tires and my steering is more solid than the stock system was. This is also on a 17 Rubicon Recon.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I would suggest you go with the Fox ATS Steering Stabilizer instead of a dual set up. This is what I put on mine and love it. Its fully adjustable and its strong enough that you don't need to have a dual system. I have a 3" lift and 35" tires and my steering is more solid than the stock system was. This is also on a 17 Rubicon Recon.
Hello

I have a 2015 2 door Rubicon that I'm thinking of putting a lift on. I was wondering if you can give me a list of the items you have installed on your Rubicon.

What lift kit did you go with?

Did you use the stock Rubicon wheels with back spacers or did you go with new rims.

Other the lift and the Fox ATS Steering Stabilizer, did you install anything else.

Any info would be great. Do you have any pics I can see.

Thanks for your time and help.

Scott

·
Registered
423 Posts
Hello

I have a 2015 2 door Rubicon that I'm thinking of putting a lift on. I was wondering if you can give me a list of the items you have installed on your Rubicon.

What lift kit did you go with?

Did you use the stock Rubicon wheels with back spacers or did you go with new rims.

Other the lift and the Fox ATS Steering Stabilizer, did you install anything else.

Any info would be great. Do you have any pics I can see.

Thanks for your time and help.

Scott
I installed the Teraflex Sport S/T3 lift with the Fox reservoir shocks. I did a lot of research and this kit was one of the most complete kits and I liked what it included for the price. Plus I really like the product that Teraflex makes. I added the Fox ATS Steering Stabilizer and my handling and driving is better now than stock. I put on 1.5" spacers and installed Mickey Thompson ATZ P3 35" tires to my stock rims. I maintained the stock 10A bumpers and just added the Maximus-3 Stinger on front with a winch and added the Teraflex HD Tire carrier to the rear. In all I increased 3.5" to the rear at center and 4" increase to the front at center. I couldn't be happier with the setup as a whole, it was worth it to me.

Any other questions just ask away, I don't mind. Trust me I asked a bunch of them prior to settling on this lift.

Here is a picture, i apologize i can't figure out how to get the pics to post right to the thread.

https://image.ibb.co/h1ULjv/Jeep3.jpg

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you all for the feedback. Learning by the day reading the forum, and I am quickly learning, there is not much new I could ask, that hasn't been asked already, and responded to, in folds. So, working to spend more time reading, than posting questions, moving forward.

However, a few replies.

Thanks DirtBoy... will consider that.
BigDawg2261, I agree... that was my fist thought. However, got mixed info from a few. However, my build would not require the dual.

Everyone else, thank you, all this info is appreciated.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I installed the Teraflex Sport S/T3 lift with the Fox reservoir shocks. I did a lot of research and this kit was one of the most complete kits and I liked what it included for the price. Plus I really like the product that Teraflex makes. I added the Fox ATS Steering Stabilizer and my handling and driving is better now than stock. I put on 1.5" spacers and installed Mickey Thompson ATZ P3 35" tires to my stock rims. I maintained the stock 10A bumpers and just added the Maximus-3 Stinger on front with a winch and added the Teraflex HD Tire carrier to the rear. In all I increased 3.5" to the rear at center and 4" increase to the front at center. I couldn't be happier with the setup as a whole, it was worth it to me.

Any other questions just ask away, I don't mind. Trust me I asked a bunch of them prior to settling on this lift.

Here is a picture, i apologize i can't figure out how to get the pics to post right to the thread.

https://image.ibb.co/h1ULjv/Jeep3.jpg
Thanks for the details. I appreciate it. You have saved me a lot of time. Again thanks.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi Everyone,

Just an update. Over the Christmas break, and because of the great Black Friday deals from North Ridge 4x4, and thanks to everyone on this forum for introducing me to Steve's Jeep Country...... I added the TeraFlex CT3 Alpine 3" lift with Falcon 2.1 and the Nexus Steering Stabilizer with the adjustable 2.2 Falcon , Toyo Open Country RT's 35x12.50x17, Fuel Assault's 17x9 and a re-gear to Yukon 4.56.

Love, love, love everything about this build. Steve's Jeep Country was great... Justin did a great job with attention to detail. And both Steve and Mike kept me well informed. They all did a great job. Steve even posted pics as Justin did the work.

Since this post, I also added the TeraFlex HD hinged tire carrier, Big Boar grab handles, Cobra 75WXST, TeraFlex Antenna mount, Firestik CB antenna parts, Magnaflow Muffler, Brandmotion Camera, painted the white out of my hardtop, added the Mopar bull bar, Nighthawk Lite brow, and added the Precision 8k LED kit.

Thank you "ALL" for all the help and great information.
Jeeper and proud !

·
Premium Member
2,735 Posts
Sounds awesome. Enjoy

1 - 11 of 11 Posts