Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Regarding the small lift on the '13 Jeep Rubicon 10th Anniversary, what are the unique lift components? Is it just the springs? Are there any other suspension differences? The lift seems like it's more than 1" compared to the other stock Jeeps that I've seen.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Second that! Any one who has done the conversion to the 10a springs, did you do just springs, or are there other parts that need swapped?

·
Registered
344 Posts
I did the 10a spring and shock lift on my Sahara. It is only the springs that lift it. The springs about 1.5" longer than the Sahara stock springs.
Were your shocks the same as the sahara? Or a different part number? Can you,post pics? And did the 10a suspension level your sahara out? Thanks

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
you wouldnt need shocks until you got to 2.5 inches or more of lift. and even at 2.5 stock shocks work.....just not a lot of droop....

rubicons have better shocks though, so if you can get them....theyre better than some of the aftermarket shocks. :)

·
Premium Member
1,188 Posts
Were your shocks the same as the sahara? Or a different part number? Can you,post pics? And did the 10a suspension level your sahara out? Thanks
The springs 6006 and 6009. 10As use different numbers than standard wranglers...not sure why. I used the 10a shocks as well. I have a thread on here somewhere with the part numbers. I have AEV Pintlers and 33 Duratracs so mine sits a little higher than a stock 10A.

·
Registered
48 Posts
The springs 6006 and 6009. 10As use different numbers than standard wranglers...not sure why. I used the 10a shocks as well. I have a thread on here somewhere with the part numbers. I have AEV Pintlers and 33 Duratracs so mine sits a little higher than a stock 10A.
I believe the 10A springs are longer, because the tires on the 10A are actually smaller than the regular rubi tires. The taller springs make up for the shorter tire in over height of the jeep. Or so I've been told

·
Retired Mod
11,136 Posts
No components, the only suspension/height difference between a standard Rubi and 10A Rubi are springs (and tires).

·
Registered
93 Posts
So the 10A springs + shocks should lift a Sahara Unlimited at least 1.5 inches (even if you have the heavier springs with tow package)? I like the idea of getting the added lift with better quality parts and not having to deal with additional components.

·
Retired Mod
11,136 Posts
So the 10A springs + shocks should lift a Sahara Unlimited at least 1.5 inches (even if you have the heavier springs with tow package)? I like the idea of getting the added lift with better quality parts and not having to deal with additional components.
It won't be 1.5 inches. It would be less than that...and would depend on what springs you currently have. Plus, 10A springs vary...so you have to figure out which ones are the stiffest.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Yup, that's what I'm sayin.
I have a set of 6006 and 6009, I have the shocks as well. I wonder if the shocks ate slightly longer for added droop.
The 10a definitely sits higher, especially on the drone even with smaller tires. There is a suspension advantage.

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
Why does it seem like chrysler just puts random ass springs in the wranglers? WTF is with that anyway?

If you have max tow, you should have stiffer springs than you would have without it. Dunno about jeeps but pickup trucks with towing packages have more factory rake.... lol.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts