Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I had the idea from other posts to cut my stock hood bezels to have a functional hood vent. The extra set arrived today so I cut them to expose the vents. I know water will be an issue in the rain, so that is why I ordered the extra set. Right off the bat when the engine was cooling down I could immediately feel the heat from the vents with the new cut out bezels. This topic is not really popular but I just wanted to give my experience. In my opinion it is kind of a pricy, $120, but functional mod. I do not want to buy another hood in the future so this is the best with what I have.

Attachments

·
Registered
403 Posts
I have thought about doing this as well :thumb:

·
Registered
10,414 Posts
I am not sure what the need for this really is, for the extra ventilation during regular driving.

If you're spending the afternoon off-roading in the dessert, the plastic vents simply and easily just pop out. So, pop them out for the duration of your adventure, and when done, just pop them back in.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Water is going to get into your engine no matter what, as long as the vents do not sit over the air filter you should be fine.

I had the idea from other posts to cut my stock hood bezels to have a functional hood vent. The extra set arrived today so I cut them to expose the vents. I know water will be an issue in the rain, so that is why I ordered the extra set. Right off the bat when the engine was cooling down I could immediately feel the heat from the vents with the new cut out bezels. This topic is not really popular but I just wanted to give my experience. In my opinion it is kind of a pricy, $120, but functional mod. I do not want to buy another hood in the future so this is the best with what I have.

·
Registered
3,166 Posts
Your local dealer should be able to sell it to you for under $600.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts