Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
ok so I found the following on craigslist near my location. what does everyone think? would it be worth the purchase? and how much would the trailing arms and pitman arm be? any suggestions on this kit or what I should look into? thanks in advance.

http://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/pts/326196151.html

·
Registered
514 Posts
It's on "ok" deal but you are going to need all 8 control arms, track bar (has 1 bracket, I assume for rear), disconnects for the front, brake lines, maybe more.

Basically all it includes are coils, shocks, bumpstops, rear swaybar links, and track bar relocation bracket.

·
Registered
2,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so not that great of a deal then? I might as well just buy a new lift with everything in it.

·
Registered
514 Posts
I would talk to a vendor and price the RE lift with and without everything listed. RE lifts are customizeable. See what the difference is and see whether it is worth it.

·
Registered
27 Posts
If that is a 4.5 super flex, it would include upper and lower adjustable control arms, brake lines, TC lowering kit, front track bar.
That full kit new goes for around $1400, not including shocks.

If you check Rubicon Expresses web site, those parts will go for just over what he is asking, new.

If it was me, I would pass on this one.

Todd
Navy-Jeepster

·
Registered
8,377 Posts
funny.. the guy says it includes "Price includes whats in picture below as well as, spare tire carrier (stock w/light), bikini top (missing track), brand new shocks (shown in pic), brand new wiper blades, and brand new belt"

stock spare carrier.. to beat your self with it? If you are going to buy a lift i dont think stock carrier will be any luck since i wouldnt imagine you running stock tires.. unles you are mr c of course :flipoff: .. ask him if you can buy the lift only.. i'm preatty sure you dont want the extra junk that you dont need added to the price..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts