Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have a picture with these installed? Want to make sure I know what I'm doing when I put mine on this weekend.

Couldn't seem to find anything online and they didn't come with instructions.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I installed a mega short sye last weekend and still need to adjust my pinion angle another 1-2 degrees.

So, I bought the cv angled track bar bracket and the shock brackets because they are already really close to the bottom spring perch already.

·
Knows a couple things...
49,498 Posts
You can just invert your rear shocks to create sufficient clearance away from the lower spring bucket. Few shocks will have a problem running inverted, I've run at least 4-5 different shocks inverted in the rear for that reason. Rancho RS5000X, OME Nitrocharger, Rubicon Express Monotube, Rock Krawler, Doetsch Tech DT-3000, and I think Rancho RS9000.

·
Registered
5,017 Posts
Cut the spring perch too for even more clearance

·
Knows a couple things...
49,498 Posts
Is there a reason not to use the bracket?
It gives the shock more leverage against the OE mount where it's welded to the axle tube for easier damage to the weld, it becomes more vulnerable to trail damage. Inverting the shock places the strut next the the lower spring bucket which gives all the clearance you need without needing the bracket.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok thanks, how close would you say is too close at normal ride on a flat surface? I have maybe 1/4 inch between shock and perch right now.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts