·
Registered
274 Posts
Yeah, do those look painted to you? They're not

·
Registered
496 Posts
tangofox007 said:
If the flares don't "look painted," neither does the front bumper.

My Rubicon flares were definitely painted. No doubt about it.
Maybe the PO painted them? My 06 rubi didn't have painted flares. There Bedlined now though and I love it.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Yeah mine have faded some, but not nearly as much as other edition flares (minus Sahara)

·
Registered
4,174 Posts
You're thinking of Sahara flares which come painted and are the same width as Rubicon flares
That's it, of course. I must have thought my Rubicon was a Sahara.

Maybe the PO painted them?
No.

notice the Quadratec add says they are "paintable".
Replacement crash parts tend to be that way. But that in no way means that the part left the factory installed on a vehicle in unpainted condition.

yup. plenty of trail damage to tell.
I had chips in mine as well. And when I sanded them for painting (or repainting) it sure looked like I was sanding through a layer of black paint.

·
Registered
274 Posts
tangofox007 said:
That's it, of course. I must have thought my Rubicon was a Sahara.
Wow after reading other posts, I think you're right and that they're painted with a low gloss black.

·
Registered
2,925 Posts
I got a free set of Rubi Flares and was surprised to see that they are painted with a low gloss black. They are now bedlined.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
So back to the original question, do the flares from qtec come painted.

·
Registered
2,925 Posts
So back to the original question, do the flares from qtec come painted.
I would assume there are NOT since they are listed as paintable. Most likely raw finish, but they don't HAVE to be painted.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I contacted Qtec and they said that the flares come with the factory semi gloss black finish on already on them.

·
Registered
354 Posts
I contacted Qtec and they said that the flares come with the factory semi gloss black finish on already on them.
Funny. When we were prepping our Rubi flares to be bedlined a few weeks ago, I was wondering if they had been painted. Explains all that black stuff that kept sanding off. Didn't realize they came stock that way.

$300+ for Rubi flares?? I'm sure you could find some on craigslist for $50. Soon as we replace our flares, they're going on craigslist.

·
Registered
318 Posts
on a related note - was it an option in 2006 to have body color painted flares on an LJ? Or did my PO do that...haha I've been thinking about getting some rubicon flares because i'm not crazy about how it looks...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts