Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I came across a bit of good fortune today I might get a takeout front Dana 44 from an 08 Rubicon for the low low price of free could be some beer involved but we'll call it free. Wanted to know what the differences are and what I will need to change aside from gear ratio to install it in my 2014 JKU.

·
Super Moderator
22,092 Posts
before going to a lot of work you might want to make sure that it is straight and check camber. check to make sure the locker is working properly. I just swapped a new one in my buddies 14 sport and it is not a bad job but it takes two and preferably 3 people as they are over 300 lbs. Not sure if the abs sensors have changed any but might want to make sure of that.

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
before going to a lot of work you might want to make sure that it is straight and check camber. check to make sure the locker is working properly. I just swapped a new one in my buddies 14 sport and it is not a bad job but it takes two and preferably 3 people as they are over 300 lbs. Not sure if the abs sensors have changed any but might want to make sure of that.
Yeah before I install it I was going to completely tear it down and go through it that was gonna be my next question if it was possible to check all that out of the vehicle as far as straightness and camber but I wanted to make sure that it wasn't dead in the water before I started as far as the ABS sensors that was my biggest question.

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
Well I came across a bit of good fortune today I might get a takeout front Dana 44 from an 08 Rubicon for the low low price of free could be some beer involved but we'll call it free. Wanted to know what the differences are and what I will need to change aside from gear ratio to install it in my 2014 JKU.
If everything is good on it, it should be a straight swap. You just have to make sure front and rear have the same gear ratio.
FYI, find a good 12volt power supply.......ground the axle housing and put power to the lead to the locker. This will activate the locker, and you should be able to tell if it is working before tearing into it. Listen for the mechanism clicking, have someone hold one end of the axle and try turning the other end, etc. Good Luck!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts