Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How much clearance does everyone have with their Mopar rock rails and 35's? I just installed the new JKS 2 1/2" lift and I'm trying to decide on tires.... Over the weekend I had my rails shortened by an 1 1/8". How much clearance between them is okay? Pic below is with stock 32's.

Attachments

·
Registered
370 Posts
You'll be fine. I had mine on for a few days after I lifted and added 35'5 with no modification.

·
Registered
863 Posts
I only had rubbing on the passenger side when the tire was fully stuffed. I think that since you trimmed it that 35s would not rub.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mine looks even longer than your picture. I think I will have to drop mine and take the chop saw to it. Now I am hoping with a lift and 35's the angle will just stay the same.
My pic above is with them shortened by 1 1/8", I wish I would have taken a little more.. Just not sure about 35's with the JKS lift.

·
Registered
18 Posts
How much clearance does everyone have with their Mopar rock rails and 35's? I just installed the new JKS 2 1/2" lift and I'm trying to decide on tires.... Over the weekend I had my rails shortened by an 1 1/8". How much clearance between them is okay? Pic below is with stock 32's.
Trimmed mine the same length as yours and I'm running Toyo MT 35's with a 2 1/2" lift with no problems. I've done some crawling with them with a lot of wheel articulation with no problems at all.....i.e.,stuffed the tire way up in the wheel well.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts