Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am getting ready to install a new oem locker pump on my '05 Rubicon rear axle.

There is two air hose connectors on the air pump. I know that one goes to the locker on the axle and I don't know what the other connector is for. Is this a release valve for it to release air when the locker is disengage? Do I need to connect a 3/16 hose to it? If so, do I need to connect a one- way valve to the end of the hose?:banghead::banghead:

Thanks

·
Registered
516 Posts
It is the air inlet. On a factory Rubi, the pumps draw air via that hose that goes up the tub along the fuel filler neck.

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It is the air inlet. On a factory Rubi, the pumps draw air via that hose that goes up the tub along the fuel filler neck.
Do I need to put anything at the end of that hose such as a one way valve? I thought that is the release valve for the locker with it gets disengage.

·
Registered
516 Posts
There is a little vent cap that the factory puts on them to keep debris and water out. You could look online and see if you can find something or maybe at your local auto parts store.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts