Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Decided to send out quote requests to 6 different local dealers. Most of them came back at full invoice or a few hundred higher. Then I get a little surprise. The last dealer offers the following quote in an email from a salesman...

Tank Color Exterior
Black Color Interior
(23R) 2015 2 Door Jeep Rubicon with 6spd Manual Transmission - $31,695
Destination - $995

OPTIONS
(AEM) Dual Top Group - $2,185
(AAJ) Connectivity Group - $495
(AHT) Trailer Tow Group - $395
(NHK) Engine Block Heater – $95
(CJ1) Supplemental Front Seat Side Air Bags - $495
(GCD) Deep Tint Sunscreen Windows - $495
(JPM) Heated Front Seats - $395
(AJP) Power Convenience Group - $1,495
Total Options - $6,050

GRAND TOTAL - $38,740 MSRP
Sale Price stated in email - $34,700 + tax (IL 6.25%), title/plates, and doc fees.
Out The Door Price stated in email - $37,270

I email and call the salesman to verify the figures. He says yes, it's true. I ask to speak with the Sales Manager that configured the quote...he says yes, it's true, no one will out sell us. I am going to go over all email exchanges and verify with the dealer again tomorrow. If the price stands, I think this is a pretty good deal!

TrueCar and Cars.com list invoice at $36,477. That would be 5.1% below invoice. New plates/title are $221 and Doc Fees are $180.25.
Do I jump on this or see if anyone is willing to beat it?
Thanks.

·
Registered
382 Posts
My deal on my Rubicon that I just took delivery on, and it was an order, came out to be 7% below invoice. You can always do a little better but it comes down to what you are willing to pay and if you feel comfortable paying it.

I love buying and selling cars. Ive helped make deals on 7 cars this past year and the best thing for you to do before you sign on that dotted line, is to call all 5 managers of the dealerships that offered you quotes and tell them the price you are getting.

The judgement call on if that is a good deal or not, is if no other dealers will touch your deal. If they match it/beat it, go back and tell him. Get the best deal you can get before you call the 5.1% dealer back. price shop all 5 other dealers with that deal and let them keep beating the best deal, and then once you get the lowest number, go back to the 5.1% and let them have it.

Play the field. It will take you 30 minutes tops to call those dealers and get a yes or no. If they don't touch it, go to the dealer and get your new 4 wheel love.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Beware of the dealership "fishing" you in. There are a lot of shady dealers that will offer you a low price over email or phone, then when you show up to check it out, it has magically already sold and they've got you sitting in the dealership looking at all the new Jeeps.

EDIT: If this is a custom order, I guess this doesn't really apply.

·
Registered
8,968 Posts
You always have to be careful of the "up-sell" when you get to the "finance manager". For example: Glass security etching, paint sealant, seat treatment, undercoating, tire/wheel insurance, and whatever else they might attempt to add on before you actually sign.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
You always have to be careful of the "up-sell" when you get to the "finance manager". For example: Glass security etching, paint sealant, seat treatment, undercoating, tire/wheel insurance, and whatever else they might attempt to add on before you actually sign.
As a former car salesman I use these as a prop to get a lower vehicle price. I make them think I am interested in alot of these upsells but tell them with the price they are asking I just cant get there. They end up working with me and drop the price sometimes an uncomfortable amount for them in return on making a profit on the upsells. Once I get into finance with a rock bottom price I decline all extras. I get the but but but you said..... lol

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
bshannonvt....it worked!! I called the GM at the dealer that I really like and they matched the deal. I didn't press for anymore. I am very happy!

·
Premium Member
82 Posts
Congratulations. I ordered a Tank JKUR with black interior a little over a week ago and my price was basically the same are yours (I hit 5% below invoice).

·
Registered
382 Posts
bshannonvt....it worked!! I called the GM at the dealer that I really like and they matched the deal. I didn't press for anymore. I am very happy!
Congratulations dgarber! Im happy I could help. Never settle for a price that you dont feel comfortable with.

Cant wait to see pictures!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts