Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Morning,

Wondering if I can put these on my 2014 Sport?

And if so also wondering how hard it will be for the kids to get in to without steps. Only have a leveling kit with 33s so it's not too high.

Thanks!

·
Administrator
12,622 Posts
Don't see why they would not fit if you have all the hardware... 2nd question.. only you can answer when you have the kids try to get in...

·
Registered
28 Posts
They will fit. Simple bolt on application. There is no "step" on the factory sliders so if they are struggling to get in now, the sliders won't help. Are you actually planning to "use the sliders" or just cover up the pinch seams?

·
Build Thread Queen
13,193 Posts
I'm wondering if he means the stock Rubi rails that come on the Willys, for example, or if he means the ENHANCED Rubi rails which actually DO have a little bit of a step.

OP, can you tell us which one you're thinking of?

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Guys,

I was unaware that there were two versions. I'm looking at the non-step sliders as I like the clean look. No plans to off-road and get the true benefit of sliders.

·
Build Thread Queen
13,193 Posts
So, Rubi rails will fit your jeep. No problem. If they were off a jeep 2013 or earlier. You may have to trim them. They started coming trimmed from the factory mid-2013.

The enhanced rails fit, too, just changes the answer about whether or not it would help the kiddos in/out, which in this case is no.

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
So, Rubi rails will fit your jeep. No problem. If they were off a jeep 2013 or earlier. You may have to trim them. They started coming trimmed from the factory mid-2013.

The enhanced rails fit, too, just changes the answer about whether or not it would help the kiddos in/out, which in this case is no.
Star,
I don't think the rails are factory trimmed...but the pinch seams are since mid-2013 if that's what you mean.

·
Build Thread Queen
13,193 Posts
Star,
I don't think the rails are factory trimmed...but the pinch seams are since mid-2013 if that's what you mean.
I could be wrong, landslide. If I was, I apologize. :hide:

I thought they started doing both at the same time...

·
Registered
158 Posts
I ordered the smittybilt rock rails and I like them. I mainly wanted them to cover the pinch seams and I didn't want a step sticking out from the side of the Jeep. Nothing wrong with steps, I just don't use them and wanted a more flush look. I checked around here locally on CL, but there was only 1 pair of Rubicon takeoffs for sale, and they were about 1.5 hour from me and he wanted $200 for them used. The smittybilt's I ordered brand new were only $200 on eBay.

·
Registered
263 Posts
I ordered the smittybilt rock rails and I like them. I mainly wanted them to cover the pinch seams and I didn't want a step sticking out from the side of the Jeep. Nothing wrong with steps, I just don't use them and wanted a more flush look. I checked around here locally on CL, but there was only 1 pair of Rubicon takeoffs for sale, and they were about 1.5 hour from me and he wanted $200 for them used. The smittybilt's I ordered brand new were only $200 on eBay.
Patience grasshopper, good deals come to those who are not in a hurry!

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
I finally just sold my brand new take off JKU Rubi rock rails for $200. I replaced them with the enhanced version I ordered from the dealership for $650.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,397 Posts

·
Registered
688 Posts
Bought a set on CL for $125 for the same reason as you, they definitely look a whole lot better. They pop up on CL all the time.

·
Registered
4,000 Posts
They did? The ones on my 2014 didn't look trimmed to me. Matter of fact, had to cut 2" off to fit 37's. However, the pinch seam is.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts