Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, I have a 2015 unlimited sahara that is bone stock. A buddy of mine has a 2014 unlimited Rubicon that he just lifted. He gave me his stock springs and shocks, will this give me a little lift? My sahara has the max tow package, do I already have the Rubicon rear springs? Thank you

·
Super Moderator
14,533 Posts
Hey everyone, I have a 2015 unlimited sahara that is bone stock. A buddy of mine has a 2014 unlimited Rubicon that he just lifted. He gave me his stock springs and shocks, will this give me a little lift? My sahara has the max tow package, do I already have the Rubicon rear springs? Thank you
There isn't a Rubicon spring, all Wranglers can have the same or different springs, except the 10A special editions.

So, you need to look at the tags on the springs. They will end in 2 letters, like AA and we need the 2 numbers before that. The fronts will be like 17 and the rears like 58. Each increase in number is approx. 1/4" longer spring. So if you have 16's and he gave you 18's, you could gain about 1/2" by changing them out. Make sense?

It's possible for you to already have longer springs, but most likely if you are hard top and max tow, they are close.

I do run the Rubi shocks on my Sahara and find them to be a nice small upgrade.

·
Registered
533 Posts
The Rubicon shocks would be a little upgrade over stock, especially for the price.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The springs he gave me have 60AA and 18AC on the tags, so if the sahara springs have a lower numbers on them these springs will provide a small lift?

·
Retired Mod
11,135 Posts
The Rubicon shocks would be a little upgrade over stock, especially for the price.
The Rubicon shocks will be stiffer and have a hair more travel.

·
Retired Mod
11,135 Posts
The springs he gave me have 60AA and 18AC on the tags, so if the sahara springs have a lower numbers on them these springs will provide a small lift?
Yes, but how much and if is worth the work is up to you. A lot of 4 door Sahara's come with 17/58's. A few come with 16/59's (like mine). If you have the time and the beer, go for it. You can't beat free!

·
Super Moderator
14,533 Posts
Yes, by about 1/4" per number. I had 16/59's and put 18's in the front with a 1" front Teraflex puck for $32 and it has a nice level and a very slightly lifted look. Plenty to run 33's. Although I am going a little bigger than that so it still has the stock 32" tires. My fender gap is noticeably larger than a stock Wrangler for a very small amount of $$.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Mine came with 16/58, I swapped for 17/59, added .5 inch of height. Plus a little firmer when I paired them with 10a shocks

1 - 9 of 9 Posts