Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 2008 JK Sahara. Are the stock suspension springs on a Rubicon longer than my Sahara?

Thanks!

·
Registered
6,752 Posts
No. Springs are dependent on options only. A 4dr Sahara with max tow and dual tops will have the same springs as a 4dr Rubicon with Max tow and dual tops. Only the shocks are different. The higher the number on the spring the taller/stiffer it is.
Front spring part number (last 4 digits) range from 12AA to 19AA
Rear 52AA to 60AA

The only exceptions are some 10A models with red springs and the Rubicon Recon which come with a factory lift.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
147 Posts
Check your spring numbers.

My JK Rubicon came from the factory with

Front both sides: 6315AC
Rear both sides: 4256AA

Like some one mentioned above the last two numbers will make the spring a little longer and stiffer

52126315AB is 17 3/8"
52126316AB is 18 3/8"
52126317AB is 19 3/8"

Unless you are getting them for free there is no big gain on replacing stock to stock springs.

·
Super Moderator
16,384 Posts
I have 2008 JK Sahara. Are the stock suspension springs on a Rubicon longer than my Sahara?

Thanks!
The trick to getting lift on a 2dr is using springs off of a 4dr. But as noted above, that 4dr needs to be spec'd to have the longer springs... hard top, A/C, tow package, etc all add capacity and ensure the higher numbered springs.

Look at the spring tags on your current springs and report back the last 2 digits before the letters. They will be something like 14 front and 56 rear...

Each number increase is roughly 3/8" longer spring. So if you went from 14 to 18 in the front, you'd get about 1.5" of lift. This is exactly what we did on my daughters 2dr Sahara.

·
Registered
761 Posts
The trick to getting lift on a 2dr is using springs off of a 4dr.

Each number increase is roughly 3/8" longer spring. So if you went from 14 to 18 in the front, you'd get about 1.5" of lift. This is exactly what we did on my daughters 2dr Sahara.

Does it feel completely factory-balanced on freeway bumps? Or does it rock fore-to-aft a bit more than it used to? I ask because I'm enthused about improvised lifts, get exactly what you want, etc.

·
Super Moderator
16,384 Posts
Does it feel completely factory-balanced on freeway bumps? Or does it rock fore-to-aft a bit more than it used to? I ask because I'm enthused about improvised lifts, get exactly what you want, etc.
Balanced? Yes. But even with factory rate springs, just adding the lift alone seems to add a slight firmness to the suspension. Doesn't bother me or my daughter, I think the stock setups are too mushy anyways.

·
Registered
78 Posts
This is what I did. What shocks is your daughter using?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts