Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2012 JKU Rubicon and was looking at 2016 that a friend owns. His front sway bar looked like it was a larger diameter than mine. I asked if he upgraded it but he said it was stock. Does anyone know if newer Jeeps now have better sway bars?

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
Is your friend's 2016 a Rubicon also? With the electronic disconnect?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
To be clear it is the diameter of the bar that looks bigger. We both have Rubicon's with the electronic sway bar release but his looks like it is heavier duty. I was wondering if maybe Jeep had at some model year beefed them up a bit?

·
Premium Member
1,078 Posts
So did it look bigger when flexed or at rest?
Are you suggesting the OPs friend 'fluffed' his swaybar to make it appear bigger? :bop:

@OP, have you tried actually measuring the diameter of both swaybars?

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
They could have updated specs, minor changes like shocks, springs aren't uncommon. If you're really curious, measure the OD at the same exact location, if not I'd assume they are the same. I doubt there's a different enough of a size change to eyeball.

I just looked at Quadratec's site, and they don't have a listing for separate years (this doesn't mean there isn't).
https://www.quadratec.com/parts/jeep-wrangler-jk-front-stabilizer-bar-parts

Let this be a life lesson: stop peeking at your friend's

·
Premium Member
331 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,078 Posts
I can't explain the difference between the two Rubi sway bars discussed above but this WF thread notes a diameter difference between Jeep standard and heavy duty suspensions...

Always wonder if someone grabbed the wrong part on the Toledo assembly line...

http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/how-thick-is-your-rear-sway-bar-1752209.html
There has been a documented difference in rear swaybars, never seen anything regarding the front swaybar the OP is referencing though...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts