Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I saw some Rubicon Unlimited coil (parts 17 in front and 58 in rear) and shock take offs for sale for 70 bucks. Less than 1k miles. My question is what would that do to my stock Sport Unlimited and would i need the shocks or just the coils? I wouldnt need to upgrade anything else to throw these on would I? Good buy? I had planned on doing 2.5 inch in the future when I can afford it but I could afford $70 now and then wait a bit for the next lift if the rubi stuff helps.

·
Registered
8,554 Posts
Whether it'd be an improvement for the coils would depend on what's on there now. My unlimited Mountain came with 17s and 58s, and that's built off a Sport platform. So in my case, paying anything to "swap" out to 17s and 58s would be pretty foolish.

It'd definitely be an improvement in the shocks. You'd go from hydraulic to gas. $70 would be a good price.

If you want more detail, read this (http://www.wranglerforum.com/f33/suspension-improvement-as-a-slight-lift-74282.html) and the link within it, as well as the links within the link.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info. It really helped. The rear for sale were actually 59. I was mistaken. I'll go check what I have and maybe buy these if my wife wont give me crap about it.

·
The Bad Guy
23,234 Posts
The only place I know of to get 19's and 60's is directly from Mopar.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts