Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heading to the Rubicon Friday July 18th. Start wheeling Early Am Sunday July 20th. 3 days on the trail so 3 nights camping. We got 2 guys that dropped out so 2 open spots. Anyone with a nicely built rig and some experience want to go up with us? Let me know.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
All packed and heading out tomorrow early AM. Dropping the kids the top and the doors off at my Sisters house and heading to Loon Lake Saturday AM! Going to be an epic trip!!!

·
Premium Member
816 Posts
Enjoy! Take lots of pictures so you can share when you get back to town.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It was epic!!!!! THE most best time I have ever had. Kenny in his INSAANE TJ met me up there. He came from Vegas. And Steve from Minden NV in his 99 Tacoma with a long arm lift. Awesome couples. Ate like kings. The scenery was incredible and the wheeling was the best.

·
Registered
277 Posts
glad to hear you had a great time man I am jealous!!! lets see some pics????

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sorry garin i haven't been on here in a while. Just go prepared. I got some lists off of the Rubicon Trail website.

·
Premium Member
10,093 Posts
Panther98 just went a few weeks ago.

It's all a matter if staying within the limits of your rig. They have a bypass if it gets too hairy and you might take a few minutes and walk parts of the trail before you get in too deep.

Have fun be safe!!!

·
Premium Member
816 Posts
FYI, I saw an update in the Cali thread that the trail has been closed due to the forest fires. I would recommend that you check prior to heading that way.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Yeah I saw that too. Hopefully its open by mid Oct. But Charleston was closed for a while after the fire so Im not really holding my breath on making it this year.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts