Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I'm trying to resolve a fit issue with my NV241OR.

I bought a transfer case from a shop specifying that it would must be for a manual transmission. All I knew was that the 23 spline female was for the manual and the male spline was for the automatic for 2012 and up JKs. What I ended up getting was this. I have absolutely no idea if this fits my 2018 manual. The part number and input faceplate scream automatic but the 23 spline input (and advanced adapters) says manual. I called the shop and and they are cold silent. Does anyone have a good answer for me here? Even if this theoretically fits a manual, are the bolt pattern and input shaft length correct?

I found no good answers so far on any forum; I want to do the swap into my JKU this weekend but I don't want to take out the old transfer case just to find out that this one doesn't quite fit.

shoe

Attachments

·
Registered
319 Posts
Hi All,

I'm trying to resolve a fit issue with my NV241OR.
Did this case work? If you don't mind how much $ and how many miles were on it?

From a diesel export wrangler

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
How can you tell this? I looked up the part number and it brings up NP241 for 2016 3.6L and list Rubicon, Sahara, Sport... No reference to "OR" or "J" and no mention of auto or manual.

I'm looking into picking up a Rubicon case and trying to gather info on identification.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Even if this theoretically fits a manual, are the bolt pattern and input shaft length correct?
The bolt pattern should be the same. While the front plate ("shaft retainer") is a different part number, the front case half is the same part number for both, 5093577AA. The mainshafts are the same part number too, 68001939AB.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Did this case work? If you don't mind how much $ and how many miles were on it?

How can you tell this? I looked up the part number and it brings up NP241 for 2016 3.6L and list Rubicon, Sahara, Sport... No reference to "OR" or "J" and no mention of auto or manual.

I'm looking into picking up a Rubicon case and trying to gather info on identification.
Yes, the case is 100% functional. It had something like 7000 miles on it. The price was at about at market value (1100-1400)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts