Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I've been trying to remove my rear Rubicon X style bumper from the 75th Anniversary Wrangler (Sahara based package). I've removed all the bolts one would expect and yet it doesn't seem to budge. Any advice? Am I just fighting a heck of a lot of friction? Am I missing a bolt(s).

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
My Sport just had two bolts on each side and two bolts along the back. My new bumper has an integrated hitch, so it has 2 bolts on each side, and 4 bolts above the hitch. All use existing holes in the frame and cross member.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
22 Posts
Thanks, I'll have to take a closer look again. I'm sure I'm missing something obvious.
Any update on this?

I'm removing my rear bumper next week to install 2 Red tow hooks in the rear. My 75 ed only has one on the driver side and its color painted to match the bumper but I wanted red ones on both sides.

So how many bolts did you undo and where any one of them hidden that you found to remove it completely?

·
Registered
22 Posts
You should have six bolts total to undo. 2 on each outter side of frame and 2 on cross member. Then it will take some angling of the bumper if you have a hitch.

-JP
Sorry... angling of the bumper? Huh???

·
Registered
22 Posts
Yes you have to lift the bottom off the bumper up while the top goes towards the jeep to get over the hitch. A lot less work then taking off the hitch. It is really easy. Did it by myself when changing my bumper.

-JP
Ok, cool thanks...

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Great, now I'll have to get this project going again. The list and the pile of parts is growing waiting for a warm day to be under the jeep outside!

·
Registered
22 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts