Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm having trouble with the net this morning. Can someone tell me the difference between the JK Rubicon and the Rubicon Hard Rock? TIA-A.Dee

·
Registered
380 Posts
Cosmetic. Different hood, enhanced rubi rock sliders, different graphic on gage cluster (I think), steel bumpers, red buttons for disco and locker, leather seats, different color rims, I think that is most of it.

·
Registered
687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, I tried building and saving them, and the computer crashed twice. Is it some kind of special edition, or do they offer it every year?

·
Registered
4,136 Posts
The feature package started with the 10th Anniversary Edition in '13. Become the Rubicon-X in '14 and now Hard Rock in '15. The '13 had a dash plaque and a 10th badge on the side. Other than that, they are all the same features.

As the wagons get newer, I am pretty sure the features will keep coming. With a different moniker.

Bob K.

·
Registered
5,702 Posts
The way Jeep operates, the package will likely be the foundation of its 75th anniversary package in 2016. They will certainly ad some badges and decals and hopefully more distinguishing hardware.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Cosmetic. Different hood, enhanced rubi rock sliders, different graphic on gage cluster (I think), steel bumpers, red buttons for disco and locker, leather seats, different color rims, I think that is most of it.
Plus an extra tow hook on the rear.

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
In my opinion the best part of the HR package is the steel bumpers and most importantly is that the rear is ready for a swing away tire carrier.

The hood I can take or leave.

·
Registered
4,136 Posts
I have the AEV tire carrier with hy-lift and pull pal mount on it. It is mounted to the frame and the stock 10A/X/RH rear bumper. There are many great things about the package and this is one of the greatest.

Bob K.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts