Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Under what circumstance is a locker use-full in 4HI?

I can see the 2 switch set up being helpful, but I don't get the 4HI thing.

·
Premium Member
1,729 Posts
Under what circumstance is a locker use-full in 4HI?

I can see the 2 switch set up being helpful, but I don't get the 4HI thing.
Places that you need 4x4 but 4LO is a little much. Lockers are awesome. I did the mod as well.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Places that you need 4x4 but 4LO is a little much. Lockers are awesome. I did the mod as well.
I agree that lockers are awesome. However, I find them only needed in the most extreme terrain (deep mud holes, slippery/steep hill climbs). These places call for 4LO.

To be honest in snow, I rarely even need 4HI. With the Jeeps nice weight balance and good tires, I need to go looking for a place to get stuck (off road park).

I don't want to argue, I just literally haven't been in a situation where lockers were needed and I was going to fast for 4LO.

Though, I do think it would be fun to lock the rear in 2wd for playing in the snow.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I took a piece of 12 gage solid copper wire, trimmed off the insulation at both ends and made it into a U and installed it in the back of the switch. No cutting involved, easy to remove it if its no longer desired. I have heard that people have just used a paper clip, but I wanted the insulation on it.

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well I got around to doing this mod today pin 1 to 4 so lockers in all transfer case position works great don't know why I waited so couple people said did not feel need for locker other then low range but let me tell u in the mud hi is a must need wheel speed to clear tires

1 - 16 of 16 Posts