Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

201 - 220 of 222 Posts

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #201
It should make the prep and paint go much faster. Lets see this thing in color. I think I'm wheeling again on 12/14. Why don't you get it done and bring it to Ohio? :)
If i can get it done by 12/12. I'll drive it to Ohio to wheel with you. I just woke up today and it is 24 degrees outside. I'm going to see if I can hook up a space heater in the garage to paint the bottom of the Jeep. But I think it may be to cold to paint.

Edit: I think i am going to start work on the cage today instead I know we are going to have a warm day coming up at some point lol

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #204
Working away tonight.

I spent yesterday getting signitures from the Boston Bruins team. Perks for being military i guess. I was so thankful and grateful for Anders Bjork. He facilitated me getting the signitures. Even if you don't like the Bruins, they do a lot as an organization for locals. Which is pretty cool. I took them to a store to get professionally framed today. It wasnt cheap. I should have them back before Christmas.

Anyway here is some more cage work. I dont think i will finish it tonight but its getting there.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #206
Took a week of leave following Christmas. Hopefully I can get this body painted. Truth be told I'm just happy to have some time again to try to get some work done, drink some beer, and relax.

These past few months have been insane. I've been looking for a home for my girl before I go overseas but the market is ridiculous. I can get a home loan with an interest rate of 2.75 but I can't find the right house. Hope everyone's holidays are jolly.

Merry Christmas

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #208
Forgot about this thread. Just got everything painted today. Ive been pmugging away at this thing for the past few months. Life is crazy. Still wicked busy. No time for anything. But im still trying to get shit done

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #210
Awesome... good to see an update.
Thanks, it feels good to get something done. I go overseas in 3 weeks from today. Trying to get the Jeep together enough to get it into storage. Its going to sit for a long time. I didnt think id stay in the military for another tour. But the pay is really really good. And my bills dont pay themselves.

I cant wait to lock this thing up and forget about it. I know it will feel good to come back to this after 2 years of not working on cars.

Im burnt out, im tired. I just want a steady schedule again. Which is why im excited to go back to sea duty. Working 10+ hours days 6 days a week has been hell these past 2 years. But i learned so much and im damn happy i put the work in.

I start school back up in May or June too. Im looking forward to a change of pace.

·
Registered
4,192 Posts
I have to wait two years to see this thing get done... That's BS. Nah... you do what you need to do. You have been hitting it pretty hard lately. I am looking forward to seeing this thing assembled and in color before it gets put up.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #213
Sanding down the entire roll cage tonight because its supposed to be 67 degrees tomorrow. Im going to throw the cage out in the front yard and paint it. Should be good enough to not rust.

Tomorrow "monday" is exactly 1 week till i go overseas. Sucks i wont have this thing done. Oh well, thats life.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #215
I Put the Jeep in storage the other day. This was as far as i got. Almost got it running. My flight overseas just got cancelled. I have no idea what im going to do with this virus. Complete shit show. Im on stand by trying to get my flight re routed and there isnt anything i can do -_-.

Ill finish this in two years. Hope you guys like it. I painted the rollcage in the front yard witb some nason epoxy primer and single stage black paint. Turned out really really good.

This thing has come a long way from a body sitting on the floor. This build has been so much more than a "build." It was a huge learning experience and period of growth for me.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #217
It looks awesome.
thanks, i was supposed to leave on a flight today and it didnt happen. ive been on the phone constantly for the past 96 hours. its been absolutely insane with this virus trying to coordinate logistics. its been go no-go for the past 96 hours.

the Jeep came out pretty good so far. with i had more time to work on it. but i dont. i might be hanging out here for the next 2 months or i could get a flight in a few days.

·
Super Moderator
10,311 Posts
I Put the Jeep in storage the other day. This was as far as i got. Almost got it running. My flight overseas just got cancelled. I have no idea what im going to do with this virus. Complete shit show. Im on stand by trying to get my flight re routed and there isnt anything i can do -_-.

Ill finish this in two years. Hope you guys like it. I painted the rollcage in the front yard witb some nason epoxy primer and single stage black paint. Turned out really really good.

This thing has come a long way from a body sitting on the floor. This build has been so much more than a "build." It was a huge learning experience and period of growth for me.

I really like the look of the shorty front fenders and the rocker guards being painted the same color as the rest of the vehicle. It makes the Jeep look whole, rather than a bunch of bolt on parts.
With the current travel restrictions you just may get the time to finish this Jeep and drive it for a while.

BTW, why does the canoe in pic 2 have a wheel in the stern? Easy portage?

Good Luck, L.M.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #219
I really like the look of the shorty front fenders and the rocker guards being painted the same color as the rest of the vehicle. It makes the Jeep look whole, rather than a bunch of bolt on parts.
With the current travel restrictions you just may get the time to finish this Jeep and drive it for a while.

BTW, why does the canoe in pic 2 have a wheel in the stern? Easy portage?

Good Luck, L.M.
I really like the shorty fenders too. The rockers were supposed to be black but they ended up being blue. I think they turned out better blue though.

I wont have time to finish the Jeep. I'm basically on call to fly out on 12 hours notice so I need to stay somewhat ready to go. In the mean time I picked up a part time job working security at a gun shop in my home time and worked 50 hours this week. I'm a unicorn right now as i'm between commands and all my personal belongings and vehicles are in storage. I left the area of my previous command and can't commute and have no where to live. So i'm just phone mustering everyday and working full time making some fast cash. No rest for the wicked.

I had a 4 hour wait to get in the door to purchase a firearm yesterday and the line went down the hall, out of the building into the parking lot, and stopped at the street. It was insane.

The wheel you see is the front wheel of my fathers 1972 BMW 2002 TII. it was his high school car that rotted into the ground. I think he wants me to restore it for him. Not happening, sorry dad.

201 - 220 of 222 Posts