Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
I've fitted a Rugged Ridge Bug Deflector in matt black (part no.11348.02) on my JKU. After fitting when driving above 25MPH and using the windscreen washers the liquid just vaporizes over the roof and very little reaches the windscreen.

I've contacted rugged ridge and they say they’ve not heard of that before, and basically said return it from where I’ve purchased it if in not happy.
Has anyone else purchased one and had problems?

·
Registered
90 Posts
It's caused by the low pressure and turbulence created behind the deflector. This is a trade off for the deflector doing it's job. Typically bugs ride over this area and avoid the windscreen.

·
Registered
90 Posts
My concern is that the wind from a tractor trailer passing in the opposite direction (65mph zone) nearly removed the deflector for me the other day.

·
Registered
8,968 Posts
Never heard of that before either. Bug deflectors basically don't work on JK's. The windshield/screen is too high and vertical. If you like the way it looks then keep it. Forget about it stopping any bugs from hitting the windshield. It will protect the front edge of the hood where it's attached. Check your washer fluid nozzles. That's most likely where the problem is.

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
I have the same one, but don't have this issue. I did notice a bit more dispersal, but in a good way.

·
Registered
34,582 Posts
I have the AVE since 08 it dose not do a thing to keep stuff off the windshield it dose not mess with the washer sprayer at all ether. I left it on I think it looks cool on the Jeep.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Never heard of that before either. Bug deflectors basically don't work on JK's. The windshield/screen is too high and vertical. If you like the way it looks then keep it. Forget about it stopping any bugs from hitting the windshield.
I have to disagree with you, I've noticed a good deal of redirection for the incoming windshield gut smearing insects. Not a huge change but it has proven effective enough for my liking.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts