Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,474 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have the RR fuel door on order. Website says drilling required, but the instructions don't mention any drilling needed.

Can anyone clue me in? Thanks

·
Registered
215 Posts
It comes with 4 self tapping screws that need to be screwed into the plastic tube just on the inside of the plastic lip. Drilling is 100% required.

·
Premium Member
528 Posts
It comes with 4 self tapping screws that need to be screwed into the plastic tube just on the inside of the plastic lip. Drilling is 100% required.
You don't have to drill - no drill bits involved. BUT you do have to screw through the new cover and into the plastic tube. It is okay but make sure you have some help and really press the new cover in tight against the jeep when you screw it in; you only get one chance to not have a gap between the jeep and the cover.

If I would have read further, I would have ordered the other mfg's cover that replaces the existing plastic and mounts from the backside. A lot more work but less "hoaky" in my opinion.

·
Premium Member
5,474 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info.

It was an impulse buy (read: much rum was consumed). I'm considering sending it back at getting the mopar door instead.

Will have to think on it.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Got mine about a month back and it's still in the box and I'm pretty sure it's going to stay there. I'm not against drilling for something that's going to last but I can't see putting 4 holes in there for something that is low quality.

·
Registered
8,968 Posts
Thanks for the info.

It was an impulse buy (read: much rum was consumed). I'm considering sending it back at getting the mopar door instead.

Will have to think on it.
That's what I would recommend. I would also stay away from an E-Bay knock off because they sell the same one for the 2 and 4dr version which might not fit your JK correctly. The "Mopar" fuel door has a separate part # for each version. I've had the Mopar fuel door on my 10 for over 5 1/12 years with no issues.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts