Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
533 Posts
Thanks for the review. I was looking at that hood myself just a few weeks ago.
I had a big dent in mine from pulling a fence post out that hit it and a lot of hail damage. Insurance gave me a check to "fix" it. My issue was that the RR hood is over $700 plus the painting (I have a friend but still looking at $100-$200) for a total of about $900.
I found a new take off hood on ebay that was already my color (silver) and bought the PS hood louver. Total installed was 1/2 the cost of the RR hood. I would also question spending ~$900 on a hood that had finish fitment issues. My OCD about that type of stuff would drive me crazy.
Nice looking Jeep though, I like that!

·
Registered
4,110 Posts
Thank you for the review. Can you please update as summer goes along? I know Portland isn't exactly hot this time of year - but 70F doesn't give much of an indication of performance. I need quite a bit more heat reduction than a hair. LOL
Your review matches what my local shop told me- you kind of get what you pay for. They also have issues with the mesh fitment- they've gotten good at it- but they have to do a lot of finagling.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Fitment issues? What's new. Rugged Ridge quality is mediocre at best, or should I say, it's Chinese quality at its best.

·
Registered
909 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Fitment issues? What's new. Rugged Ridge quality is mediocre at best, or should I say, it's Chinese quality at its best.
The crazy part is that the hood fitment itself to the Jeep is perfect. And actually very well made. The only problem with fitment is the damn vents.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts