Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,

I recently purchased a 2010 Jeep Wrangler Sahara and wanted to buy some Rugged Ridge Neoprene Front and Rear Seat Covers. Before I purchased them, I wanted to see if anyone has these covers and what they thought of them. From the looks of it, they seem easy to clean/maintain.

I do a lot of hiking with my dog, and we do occasionally come back muddy, so that's the main reason why I am looking into seat covers.

Any feedback on these would be greatly appreciated!

·
Premium Member
856 Posts
Hi Everyone,

I recently purchased a 2010 Jeep Wrangler Sahara and wanted to buy some Rugged Ridge Neoprene Front and Rear Seat Covers. Before I purchased them, I wanted to see if anyone has these covers and what they thought of them. From the looks of it, they seem easy to clean/maintain.

I do a lot of hiking with my dog, and we do occasionally come back muddy, so that's the main reason why I am looking into seat covers.

Any feedback on these would be greatly appreciated!
I really like mine,I have had them on for about 6 months,I have not had a reason to clean them yet. I drive alone most of the time when I'm in my Wrangler. But they look easy to clean.

Being that you have a dog,you will definitely want to clean them on a reg. basis.
I say go for it, I think your going to like them.I think they look cool too. I bought the red and black ones.

AJ:)

·
Registered
48 Posts
RaiderRUBICON said:
I really like mine,I have had them on for about 6 months,I have not had a reason to clean them yet. I drive alone most of the time when I'm in my Wrangler. But they look easy to clean.

Being that you have a dog,you will definitely want to clean them on a reg. basis.
I say go for it, I think your going to like them.I think they look cool too. I bought the red and black ones.

Are they water proof or water resistant? Theoretically, if you got caught in a rainstorm on the way home topless and doorless, and couldn't get around slow drivers in your neighborhood, would the seats take any damage to direct rain?
...not that that happened to me or anything.

·
Premium Member
856 Posts
Are they water proof or water resistant? Theoretically, if you got caught in a rainstorm on the way home topless and doorless, and couldn't get around slow drivers in your neighborhood, would the seats take any damage to direct rain?
...not that that happened to me or anything.
I believe they are water resistant, not water proof.Direct rain should not damage them.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I believe they are water resistant, not water proof.Direct rain should not damage them.

Correct. Based on my readings, they were water resistant. Made of the same materials that make up wet suits.

Going to be purchasing these bad boys today. Black with grey covers

·
Registered
48 Posts
From the pictures and descriptions I'm seeing online, it looks like the rear seat covers are usually shown without headrests. Are there holes in the covers that allow use of headrests? Or do they have the separate headrest covers like some front seat models?

·
Premium Member
7,920 Posts
For what it is worth--have had 3 sets neoprene seat covers 2 sets of those Rugged ridge.
They are "okay" for what they are but the term swampa$$ was coined with set covers like these in mind they don't breathe.

I do have a TJ and got the DIRTYMUDDERS from Infernogirl--not sure if she is doing JK's yet. but know she plans to. She and her husband are big time Jeepers and those covers are designed for easy off and on and cleaning. Not water proof but truly neither were my neoprene ones. I think the only ones that MIGHT be are wet okele.

just my.02

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
From the pictures and descriptions I'm seeing online, it looks like the rear seat covers are usually shown without headrests. Are there holes in the covers that allow use of headrests? Or do they have the separate headrest covers like some front seat models?
Where are you looking? From what I've seen online, they do include the headrest for the rear. And yes, there appears to be holes to let them go through. The link below show the instructions, which shows you how to install the pieces:

https://www.quadratec.com/Assets/Installation/94998.pdf

·
Registered
48 Posts
WranglerJK24 said:
Where are you looking? From what I've seen online, they do include the headrest for the rear. And yes, there appears to be holes to let them go through. The link below show the instructions, which shows you how to install the pieces:

https://www.quadratec.com/Assets/Installation/94998.pdf
Aha, thank you for that. I was searching on ebay and google shopping sites, and on rugged ridge's site, but it all looked like there weren't any headrests. I never saw the instructions themselves (oops!).

·
Banned
916 Posts
I have had some rugged ridge front covers for over a year....they have held up pretty well...they WILL get wet and soak up water...but they dry pretty quickly....my only beef is how they have faded..my seats see LOTS of sunlight.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Just to chime in, neoprene is waterproof. Anything made from neoprene should be waterproof. I have the OEM seat covers and they are waterproof.
Thank you for clarifying! Going to be purchasing these at some point today. I told myself that I would wait a year or so to buy things for this Jeep, but boy was I wrong. Hasn't been a week and I am already melting the plastic away.

Reminds me of my other car (2006 WRX). I was buying parts a few days before I finalized the deal.

Here's a somewhat recent picture of that car:

·
Banned
916 Posts
I got to stand in line at the grocery store and watch my jeep sitting there in a light shower with no doors and a spidershade on top............wiped off the rugged ridge neoprene seat covers for the ride back to work...sitting here with a wet ass as I type this

·
Registered
48 Posts
clear lake jeepn said:
I got to stand in line at the grocery store and watch my jeep sitting there in a light shower with no doors and a spidershade on top............wiped off the rugged ridge neoprene seat covers for the ride back to work...sitting here with a wet ass as I type this
LOL, thank you for the info! I'd be ok with water resistant, I mean I know they won't stand up to being drowned. I'm not asking for that, but I was hoping for covers that would keep my seats from soaking and getting nasty if I get caught topless by mother nature.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Neoprene is NOT waterproof...it WILL absorb water

Just like toilet paper, neoprene comes in different quality.

Sh*t quality = open cell neoprene = NOT waterproof

good quality = closed cell neoprene = waterproof (except possibly at seam locations)

chose your neoprene wisely...whether you're sitting on it or diving in it

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
LOL, thank you for the info! I'd be ok with water resistant, I mean I know they won't stand up to being drowned. I'm not asking for that, but I was hoping for covers that would keep my seats from soaking and getting nasty if I get caught topless by mother nature.
Exactly how I see it. Just as long as my seats don't get wet, I am fine. If I so happen to get wet, no big deal.

·
Jeeper
11,419 Posts
Exactly how I see it. Just as long as my seats don't get wet, I am fine. If I so happen to get wet, no big deal.
Your seats, much like your rear end, were made to get wet and dry quite nicely. The advantage to neoprene that Clear lake failed to take to heart is that had he removed his soaked seat covers, his seat underneath should have been dry. This is where the ease of installation/removal comes into play.

I take the hose to our seats periodically, to get rid of the mud/sweat/dust, etc. They dry quickly and look and smell much better when they're clean... ;)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts