Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in the market for a HD hinged tire carrier. I'm looking at the rugged ridge and teraflex hd hinged tire carrier. I read a few bad things about the carrier on the teraflex cracking. I didn't really find many reviews on the rugged ridge carrier. I would like some feed back from people who have the teraflex or rugged ridge, so I can make up my mine. I know the rugged ridge is about $120 cheaper than the teraflex.
The rugged ridge also comes with the third brake light bracket. you have to buy the teraflex light bracket.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I have the Rugged Ridge and it works. I have friends that have the TerraFlex, and one that has 2 Jeeps and owns one of each. The latter likes the TerraFlex hinges better, but said he had rattling issues with the tire mount, and he likes the Rugged Ridge tire mount system better than the TerraFlex.

·
Registered
585 Posts
I'm in the market for a HD hinged tire carrier. I'm looking at the rugged ridge and teraflex hd hinged tire carrier. I read a few bad things about the carrier on the teraflex cracking. I didn't really find many reviews on the rugged ridge carrier. I would like some feed back from people who have the teraflex or rugged ridge, so I can make up my mine. I know the rugged ridge is about $120 cheaper than the teraflex. The rugged ridge also comes with the third brake light bracket. you have to buy the teraflex light bracket.
I am very happy with the teraflex in our two jk. It does come with a 3rd light bracket by the way if you buy the tire carrier too which i highly recommend. Depending on the design of your wheel the light bracket might need a small mod, easy to make. You can see my complete review here

http://www.my1stwrangler.com/2015/11/do-you-need-tire-carrier-for-your-jeep.html

·
Registered
894 Posts
I have been running the TF pretty much since they came out. I got the hinge and the carrier. I had the original 3rd light relocation part (the one that doubles as a license plate carrier) and I purchased the newer version afterwards as I like it better.

No complaints at all on it. Doesn't move, doesn't squeak, doesn't rattle, etc. You need to tighten the carrier just right. Simply follow the instructions.

Cosmetically speaking I think the TF looks better. I don't like large company advertising like the RR has. I like sleek. I think the TF just has a better shape to it compared to that little square section that sticks out (where the logo is). But that is cosmetic and just my opinion.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanx for all the feedback. I like the teraflex better but I can get the rugged ridge for 416 and the cheapest I have found the teraflex is 599. I think for the price difference in gonna go with the rugged ridge.

·
Registered
3,203 Posts
Yes, definitely check the Tactik out.
I ordered mine form Quadratec/Rick Wednesday evening, and it showed up at noon today. Very well packaged, very stout, and a whole lot less $$$ that the TF.
It appears to be the same as the RR setup.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts