Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,646 Posts
Thats why I bought a bumper/carrier that opens with the tailgate, I couldn't think of a situation where I would need the carrier open and not the tailgate. I bought the ACE bumper/carrier and it has a similar setup. I would think the RR linkage would take care of your issues.

·
Premium Member
3,646 Posts
It looks like it is adjustable so, if adjusted properly, that should avoid the binding. I would recommend emailing Rugged Ridge, or calling, and inquire about the binding issue. Maybe even look for other reviews online.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
this maybe a stupid question but would this thing be strong enough where i could take off the handle that turn to hold the tire carrier shut? after thinking about it i just dont like having to use the 2 handles pluse the wire is annoying

·
Premium Member
3,646 Posts
Thats a good question, I would still say to call RR directly, otherwide you would have to find someone that has actually used it to get a real review, from anyone else, its just an opinion.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts