Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2013 Wrangler has 25,00 miles ans always garage kept. The plastic windows have been out maybe 6 times.

Last week I took them out and laid them on my trailer outside. First I placed a bed sheet down, then a window, then folded the bed sheet over that and another window etc. With sheeting on top, covering that last window, I covered the entire thing with that cheap plastic tarp material to keep the rain off. THEN I covered that with a large beach towel to keep the sun from baking the plastic. Seems pretty safe right? Wrong.

Today I took everything off and two of the windows have a blue haze to them. I've seen this effect on older Jeeps. So my question is: Are the windows ruined? Is there any product I can put on them to remove the haze?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! Oddly enough, I put the windows back on the car for a couple of days, and then was able to simply wash them good, and they became clear again.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
I spraypainted my side windows black from the inside, and I haven't seen my rear window in over a year... It's somewhere in my garage, I think.

Also, welcome to the forum! And, it's a Jeep, not a car. JFYI

1 - 5 of 5 Posts