Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2014 JKU with a little over 72K miles.

She never used to run hot. Now she does and I don't know what to make of it.
According to the temp gage, it has reached as high 240 degrees but then comes back down. Never used to do that.

I checked the coolant level and it was a little low and topped it off with Mopar so I don't think there's a leak in the tank but went ahead and ordered a new one just in case. Checked the radiator cap and seems to be good. Checked the lines and I didn't see any cracks or leaks.

What else do I check?

I'm supposed to being going on a trip about 600 miles round trip with my kids this weekend but not I'm not so sure and thinking of cancelling until I've got it figured out.

Any help would be appreciated.

·
Administrator
16,969 Posts
2014 are notorious for radiator and thermostat housing issues.

For the radiator pull the shroud and reservoir, the leak is usually there on the driver top corner.

My therm housing looked like this from a pin hole leak.

I documented some of my 2014 radiator issues in the Heating and Cooling section HERE. IMO at 72,000 I'd check those items, replace as necessary and do a full flush.

Good luck! :thumb:

·
Registered
1 Posts
At a very similar problem the dealership of my motor part found a warp ed head right side replace the gaskets and now the vehicle still runs hot I get gurgling in the dashboard I smell antifreeze I think I need a new motor I will keep you updated.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts