Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2014 Wrangler JKU and I need winter floor mats, or as close to that as possible. I think I am going to get Weathertechs.

I removed all the carpet in my Jeep, what is the best way of securing the mats to my bare floor, has anyone dealt with this?

If there is another brand like Husky or Quadratec that would work better, I wouldn't be apposed to switching, but I like Weathertech.

Thanks

·
Registered
212 Posts
I had Weathertechs in my '13 JKU and was underwhelmed. Since the front liners had holes where they fastened the carpeting under and around the hook fasteners got soaked with salt and required a LOT of scrubbing come springtime (the driver's side hook was nearly detached from the carpet). With no carpeting I'd think you might have a corrosion issue. In the back there was no way to fasten the liner at all and so they slid forward and then my sons ended up with their feet on the carpeting; more scrubbing.

I now have Husky liners in my new JKU and am very pleased as the liners have no holes in the front where they attach and the back has stayed put too.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts