Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all i just bought my first wrangler a 88 4.2
it had a blown head gasket so i did all that,now my tbl
i got it running but it wont idle and you cant drive it it sounds ok when running at a higher rpm but under load it wont go.
The only thing i can think of is its a vacume leak.their are so many line i never saw so many on a vehicle.and trying to look at the diag in the manual is imposible.can i get rid of any or what.should i consider a diffrent carb so i can remove some of the lines?/??//

·
Premium Member
3,316 Posts
Is your check engine light on? Does it idle like crap and run like crap under load? How many miles on the motor?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
the head went to a shop and was milled and checked all ok,it will not idle at all i have to pop the gas if i try to drive it down my drive i cand wont run under load

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
sounds like a fuel issue to me....

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
it runs with a little miss at 2500rpm ok im going to change the filter and pump its cheap enough.ill keep u informed

·
Registered
132 Posts
When driving does it seem to chug or lose power every now and then?

·
Registered
3,841 Posts
To me it sounds like the problems most of use have had with the 4.2 at some time are another, IF your laws allow and it will still past inspection DO the Nutter-Bypass, mine runs Very good now!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
first what is the nutter bypass?dn\\and the other question it will not drive rev it up to 3k ride the clutch and it bucks

1 - 12 of 12 Posts