Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey

i've noticed over the last two weeks or so, when i start the jeep (2007) in the morning, i get the sound of water rushing behind the dash...its like that for a second or two, and then i don't hear it again until the next morning...

i don't see water in the jeep, or on the ground...

should be be worried?

·
Registered
98 Posts
I hear it also, apparently everyone does. If you listen really close you can pretty much hear it constantly. You probably cant hear it on most vehicles because you arent right on it. Most vehicles have bigger dashboards between you and all that stuff which might cover up some of the sound. I will worry when I see a leak or overheat

·
Super Moderator
23,658 Posts
I hear it also, apparently everyone does. If you listen really close you can pretty much hear it constantly. You probably cant hear it on most vehicles because you arent right on it. Most vehicles have bigger dashboards between you and all that stuff which might cover up some of the sound. I will worry when I see a leak or overheat
I heard it on my new 2013 jku until I burbed the system and know I don't hear it. It is an easy do it yourself fix.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
so...i also forgot to mention...its a 2012 motor...as far as i know...

i don't see any star things on the themostat housing...but the two lines that go over the engine, from the rad into the firewall...i tightened those two lines...

the resevoir is reading full (not Full, but midway between min and max)...i put half a gallon of anti-freeze right into the rad...and nothing this morning...

so...hoping, the noise continues to stay away...i'll monitor it, and if its still going somewhere...take it to the dealer, while this engine is still under warranty

1 - 5 of 5 Posts