Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there... anyone here ever use a product called "BlackStar Rust Converter"? Just curious. A lot of the rust posts I see in here are fairly horrifying. I'd prefer to de-rust my (future) ride as permanently as possible.

Thanks,

Tom

·
Hardcore Jeeper
3,320 Posts
POR15 is one of the best that I have personally seen. Mine has been subjected to brake fluid baths from damaged lines, scratched, and seen some UV light (which they say is a no no) and it still looks as good as they day I put it on over a year ago. Great stuff in my opinion.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Have you used it yet? Brush? I am hoping it lays down smoothe or I will be forced to go back to POR hehe
I bought some black gloss earlier last summer and used it on the trailer hitch on the family van, and it has held up well. Since then I have brushed it on my donor frame, it really self levels well, looks good. I'm not really a gifted painter. But it's true what the guy at the paint shop said - just pour out what you are going to use in 30 minutes, it really thickens fast.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts