Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,

Had a great time off-road in Hollister yesterday. When cleaning off the dust, I noticed this rusty spot on the frame just above the driver's side rear tire. It seems like it's too new to be developing rust...we've only had it for a few months.

Is this a warranty item?

Attachments

·
Registered
114 Posts
I had the same thing on my brand new 2013 JKUR. Take a look at your front axle, C's, etc. Mine had all kinds of surface rust. There are quite a few posts of similar rust. I went up to the dealer and looked under every Wrangler and they all had the same thing to varying degrees. I bought a can of rust converter and a can of Rustoleum. I brushed it with a wire brush, hit it with the rust converter, let it dry, and then hit it with the black Rustoleum. Looks brand new now. I was afraid if I took it to the dealer that they would just paint over it without really taking care of the rust. Get it up on ramps and crawl under and check out your front end.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Longrifle45. I have to paint over a few spots in the armor I scraped up yesterday so I'll add this to the list. Good point on the dealer not getting it all!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts