Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone tried this product? My local LineX store recommended this product to me as well as doing the pinch weld areas on hood, doors and tailgate. I've never been a fan of undercoating, but research on this product seems pretty good reviews. I haul BMW's and they have the Anti Rust Compound from the factory sprayed inside the doors and tailgate as well a quarter panels and hood.

ValuGard Product Data Sheets

http://www.valugard.net/cms/LinkClick.aspx?fileticket=IHfjB3D+3M8=&tabid=70&mid=607

·
Premium Member
12,478 Posts
Has anyone tried this product? My local LineX store recommended this product to me as well as doing the pinch weld areas on hood, doors and tailgate. I've never been a fan of undercoating, but research on this product seems pretty good reviews. I haul BMW's and they have the Anti Rust Compound from the factory sprayed inside the doors and tailgate as well a quarter panels and hood.

ValuGard Product Data Sheets
Never heard of that one, but a similar thread: Fluid Film

Pretty much just wash my undercarriage at strategic times (read: over 30ºF) during the winter. Never had a rust problem.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Pretty much just wash my undercarriage at strategic times (read: over 30ºF) during the winter. Never had a rust problem.
I've heard and used the FLUID FILM, but it doesn't ever really dry. This product I've posted is a similar product, but seems to dry to a waxy type product. I also thought about using Fluid Film, but then was recommended this product by the LineX retailer.

·
Registered
26,921 Posts

X2. But I bet I can find rust on your undercarriage. :whistling::D

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Further research this product seems very similar to Fluid Film in characteristics and protection only difference is it's black instead of tan. The product they spray in the doors and panels is almost identical to Fluid Film and I guess as a yearly maintenance prior to winter I'll use Fluid Film to touch up. I think I'm going to go for this it's $485.00 for complete job includes Rust Protection and Undercoating of vehicle. I just don't have the time nor patience to do a thorough job using the Fluid Film nor do I want to deal with the mess involved doing it. Still looking for anyone that has used or had this product put on they're vehicle.

·
Premium Member
12,478 Posts
X2. But I bet I can find rust on your undercarriage. :whistling::D
I agree. Not denying that I don't get rust. But it's minimal, at best, and has never affected the performance of one of my vehicles. Hell, I had a Jeep Liberty for 7 years before my Wrangler, and – cuz of my job – it saw things few vehicles ever will. I've driven EAA from barricade to barricade at less than 5 mph every day for a week. Pulled a combine out of a field once (with another vehicle). Drove it numerous times 1K miles, nonstop, to the East Coast. Yeah, it had rust underneath it. The usual kind. Never any pitting or anything that I thought, "Man, I gotta do something about this."

The undercarriage is gonna rust. End of story. However, I've never had it become an issue...it's never affected anything other than my visual perception.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts