Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I have recently noticed that my 2000 Jeep Wrangler Sahara is beginning to have some rust problems. Specifically, on the passenger-side torque box. The rear body mount is basically not even held on except by a few scraps of paint. I know that Classic Enterprises makes a quality replacement for this section. Seeing as though the Jeep is my daily driver, I have a couple concerns...

1) Can I still drive it without messing anything else up in the process? At least until the torque box comes in.
2) Should I get the full torque box or the section? It seems as though the front body mount is fine, but if anyone has done this job in the past then I am curious to know if it's easier to just install a whole one.
3) How much of a pain in the *** is this job?

I have access to a hydraulic lift; thus, I should not have an issue supporting the body.

I would like to keep my jeep running and driving as long as possible. Any responses are appreciated. Thank you in advance

Sorry if the pictures are a little messed up.

Attachments

·
Registered
281 Posts
hi Mine looked just like yours and it still kinda does till i can get some money saved up to get it fixed. You will be just fine til you get it fixed I drove with mine like that for a couple of months before i did a macgyver on it. I used a couple pieces of sheet metal to cover around it for the time being but before i did that I got as much rust off as i could and then i sprayed the heck out of it with krylon rust stop then i used jb weld for metal and stuck the pieces of sheet metal around it then i sprayed the heck out of it with paint and so far it's holding up pretty good. As for fixing it for good there is a place called i think rust repair and they just have that portion of the torque box ready to be welded on. i'll look it up and see if i can find that website for you.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I appreciate the reply! I've decided to go with the classic enterprises full torque box replacement because I'd rather just replace the entire thing if I'm going to have to go through all that trouble anyway. I will update the thread with pictures as I begin the repair process.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts