Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
Our sons have graduated from college and returned the Honda Pilot we lent them so we want to swap the Pilot for an auto 2-dr JK. We’ve owned a TJ, YJ, 2 XJs and a Grand Cherokee so we’re familiar with the brand. We’re budgeting $15k (assuming we can get $5k for the Pilot)
My questions are do the 07-12 JKs rust like our TJ? (Jeep will not be garaged and used in NJ winter)
What is involved in a V8 swap and what should we budget?
Thanks,
Rick

·
Registered
357 Posts
If not cared for, JKs will rust just as anything will. Mine is 3.5 years old, and I’ve fluid film’d it the past two winters (1st winter I did not) here in MI. So far, other than the exhaust at the front and the driveshafts, and the scrapes on the fuel tank skid from wheeling, it’s relatively rust-free. If you find one that is rust-free now, annual rust prevention like fluid film goes a long way to keeping it that way.

V8... a friend of mine had AEV quote doing a 5.7L Hemi swap in his AEV JK350. They quoted $25,000. Other installers might be more or less. He decided his Hellcat Charger and SRT Grand Cherokee (since sold that and bought an AEV Recruit to haul the Hellcat to track days) quenched his V8 thirst.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts