Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I've read mixed reviews on the rustys products. Some folks swear by them, while others don't want anything to do with his stuff. I'm looking into getting the 3.25" lift with the wheel and tire kit. Has anyone had experience with his parts and if so how was it? Thanks guy! By the way the lift is for my '12 2 door jk

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sweet thanks for the fast replies folks. Looks like I'm gonna go with the 3.25" lift with wheel and tire kit. Definitely a money saver cuz the tires alone are $350 a piece and the lift alone is $550ish so in a sense ur getting wheels somewhat for free. I've just heard bad reviews about poor customer service and people getting kits with missing parts etc....

·
Registered
1 Posts
Don't purchase anything from Rusty's. I recently purchased Rusty's Poly Spacers to add to my Rusty's 2.5" suspension lift so my front tires would stop rubbing the inner fender. I called Rusty's to verify it would work with my lift and they said it would. I went and had them installed and the upper control arm rubbed the strut. I called Rusty's back and they said that I was told wrong by the other technical support person and they refused to help me in anyway. I am now out $300 to have them installed and $300 to have them taken off. I told him I would be contacting the BBB and he laughed at me.

·
Premium Member
12,478 Posts
Sweet, u have the 3.25" lift? I'm seriously considering it
He's kidding. See the jk at the bottom? He runs some kinda Soviet-era lift, made by indentured servant babushkas in the Ukraine, or something.

·
Registered
3,524 Posts
I've dealt with plenty of Rustys products, mostly be fixing or removing them from other rigs. Their control arm joints are the worst on the market, the bushings are no better, and some parts like their track bars just leave me scratching my head wondering what idiot thought that up. Their business practices are no better than their products and I'd highly recommend steering clear of them.

·
Super Moderator
53,785 Posts
Imped said:
I've dealt with plenty of Rustys products, mostly be fixing or removing them from other rigs. Their control arm joints are the worst on the market, the bushings are no better, and some parts like their track bars just leave me scratching my head wondering what idiot thought that up. Their business practices are no better than their products and I'd highly recommend steering clear of them.
"Just leave me scratching my head wondering what idiot thought that up"

Rofl ^

·
Premium Member
12,478 Posts
What's with the Ed Hochuli avatar? Does he drive a Jeep?

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
X2.

Any rusty's parts on Jeeps I have bought in the past get removed immediately. They are JUNK. I've never had anything from him that either a) didn't fit right or b) wasn't complete crap.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts