Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I I just ordered the rusty's off road hd steering kit for a number of reasons (mostly my tj wont hold an alignment for more than six months due to tie rods and ends being junk) should I also upgrade the steering stabilizer?

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
Wow I was under the impression they were good to go
Well, people do report that they are able to fix the dead-spot problem, but should you really have to fix a brand new steering setup? I've had the Currie system for a while now and couldn't be happier. Look into either that or the V8 ZJ setup.

·
Premium Member
153 Posts
Nothing from Rustys is good, especially that crap. Plus, there's nothing HD about it.
I have to concur. Many are happy with his XJ products and that's where I tried his products out first. I'm a slow learner and his TJ products make the XJ products look good.:rofl:

·
Registered
368 Posts
I have had the Rustys steering set-up on my 2006 LJ rig since 2007 when I put a Rubicon Express 5.5" Extreme Long Arm lift, re-geared to 4.88 w/ OX lockers front & rear, Currie Antirock, Aftermarket bumpers, RE 62MM Throttlebody, and Mickey MTZ 35X12.5XR15's. etc... I have not had one single problem with the Rustys steering set-up, so I cal BS if you have never tried one.

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
floridajpr said:
I have had the Rustys steering set-up on my 2006 LJ rig since 2007 when I put a Rubicon Express 5.5" Extreme Long Arm lift, re-geared to 4.88 w/ OX lockers front & rear, Currie Antirock, Aftermarket bumpers, RE 62MM Throttlebody, and Mickey MTZ 35X12.5XR15's. etc... I have not had one single problem with the Rustys steering set-up, so I cal BS if you have never tried one.
Can I ask how you like the ox lockers? Sorry for the hi jack

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
It has little to do with it being from Rusty's, and pretty much everything to do with being an Inverted-T setup. Google inverted-T and lifted Jeeps and see how many people have issues with it; we're not making this stuff up. You can call BS all you want, but it doesn't change the fact that it changes the stock geometry to an inverted-T system.

·
Premium Member
2,866 Posts
Are you going to drive it anytime soon?

·
Registered
98 Posts
i just installed a rustys HD tie rod on my 1997 wrangler, becouse my old one was bent and well used and i had bad death wobble, after the install and alighnment, DW is gone and i have firmer steering, i like rustys, the tie rod is way stronger and thicker then stock, good product

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
i just installed a rustys HD tie rod on my 1997 wrangler, becouse my old one was bent and well used and i had bad death wobble, after the install and alighnment, DW is gone and i have firmer steering, i like rustys, the tie rod is way stronger and thicker then stock, good product
Give it a few weeks/months, then post up what you feel about that steering...:thumb:

·
Registered
3,524 Posts
Imagine how nice it would be if you had went with a setup that works well. :doh:

·
Registered
324 Posts
Dont know why everybody is bashing on Rusty's. I did some research on their control arms before i purchased them and had everybody telling me they were crap. Well i still went an purchased and installed adjustable upper and lower control arms in the front and rear, still have no problems about 8 months later....and most likely doing their steering upgrade as well.

Overall i would say i have had no problems with Rusty's. So haters stop hating til you have tried their products yourself.

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
Dont know why everybody is bashing on Rusty's. I did some research on their control arms before i purchased them and had everybody telling me they were crap. Well i still went an purchased and installed adjustable upper and lower control arms in the front and rear, still have no problems about 8 months later....and most likely doing their steering upgrade as well.

Overall i would say i have had no problems with Rusty's. So haters stop hating til you have tried their products yourself.
I am going to venture that your "wheeling" dosent consist of more than what you are doing in your avatar. For your purposes the rustys stuff may be fine. Some of us want better quality gear than the cheapest shit that can be found on the net. Im sure that you enjoy your RC lift too.....

·
Motorized toy collector
3,763 Posts
I am going to venture that your "wheeling" dosent consist of more than what you are doing in your avatar. For your purposes the rustys stuff may be fine. Some of us want better quality gear than the cheapest shit that can be found on the net. Im sure that you enjoy your RC lift too.....
I am not disagreeing with you. Just thought it funny you commenting on his avatar flexing in the grass, while yours is sitting on level pavement.:)

1 - 20 of 42 Posts