Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
4,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anybody ever order anything from www.rustysoffroad.com ?? i think im might buy something from there but can't find the shipping price. i put the item in my cart and even went through went through the process of checking out to see if it would give me a shipping price with my total but i couldn't find one. it didn't add shipping to the total. does anyone know if they charge for shipping? thanks

·
Registered
2,775 Posts
I've never ordered from them but have heard they are pretty good. Maybe you should call and see what cust svc has to say.

·
Registered
2,631 Posts
bigjeep said:
anybody ever order anything from www.rustysoffroad.com ?? i think im might buy something from there but can't find the shipping price. i put the item in my cart and even went through went through the process of checking out to see if it would give me a shipping price with my total but i couldn't find one. it didn't add shipping to the total. does anyone know if they charge for shipping? thanks
whatcha gett'in????

·
Registered
4,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
lol...shocks! for a lift! orderin it friday when i get paid! it was either the lift or the rock sliders and i'm gettin a pretty good deal on the lift so i'll sliders will be next on the list

·
Extremely Humble
11,545 Posts
Hey congrats on the lift! Come on now, tell which one you bought :D .

·
Registered
4,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well i was gonna go with the 2.25" BB but since im waitin til friday when i get paid i'll have enough for the rustys 2" coil lift instead of spacers but i don't know if there is really any reason for me to fork out the extra cash for new springs. i don't see anything wrong with spacers so i think i'll just get the BB.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Bigjeep,

I have bought several things from Rusty's. They do charge shipping and actually (in my opinion) are a bit high on the shipping. Most of the items I have bought are good quality and are at a fair price so I never minded the extra for the shipping. Don't get me wrong... his shipping prices are probably in line but so many places have free shipping or discounted shipping.

Frank

·
Registered
4,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
how did you find out the shipping cost? i don't want to check out and it says $120 and then he charges me $50 for shipping because that aint gonna happen!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Everything I have bought from them had a shipping charge but it seems to be pretty much just the freight company charges.

It is not clear but it sounds like you are ordering shocks from Rusty and the spacers somewhere else.

Did you look at his spacer kit that comes with shocks?

·
Registered
4,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
yep. im gettin the BB brand new from a guy that never installed it and hes givin me a good price. and then im buyin the shocks from rustys since they are only $30 and i've heard that they ride pretty decent. how much did they charge you for shipping?

his budget boost is only $199 but i found the guy with the BB and i'll buy the shocks from rustys and will have a total of $185 which is a little cheaper and i'll be using the same shocks that come with the rustys kit but i'll get 2.25" instead of 1.75" and still save money

·
delicate %$^&*@ flower
14,751 Posts
Write them and ask BigJeep, that's what I did when I was looking Shrockwork sliders. They wrote right back. Most places will.

·
delicate %$^&*@ flower
14,751 Posts
You're right, I couldn't find it either. I also don't like that they say if you refuse delivery because of freight costs they will deduct it from your refund. Not that they deduct it, but you have the right to know how much it will cost to ship your parts to you before hand.

Give them a call. You should know what the shipping will cost before the order is complete. I believe UPS takes packages up to 75lbs so I don't think (I could be wrong since I'm not versed in the parts in a lift or if you're doing a boost and not coil) that your lift will weigh more than that?

·
Registered
4,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
your right it shouldn't. i also tried to call but my phone wouldn't let me! i would use my cell but i don't wanna get charged for a long distance call.

to be honest i just thought of something a little while ago. i had completely forgot that there is a shop near me that sells lifts. i might just go there to avoid shipping and stuff and do it locally even if i have to pay a little more. not gettin it installed there though.

·
Extremely Humble
11,545 Posts
If you decide to go with the Rusty's let me know. I'll give em a call for you. Just PM me the part numbers etc.

·
Registered
4,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
alright thanks. i went to the local place that sells lifts and i am definitely not buying from there. they were asking $304 for a RE lift that i can get for $220 shipped online and its the EXACT same lift. and i probably wouldn't get it any faster from them either. he said he could have me a superlift there in one day but im not payin $100 more just to get it a little sooner. i've got to think things over tonight and think about what im gonna get. i'll let yall know. thanks

·
Registered
4,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
you mean during the install? whatcha want pictures of? i'll try to take pictures of whatever ya need.

·
delicate %$^&*@ flower
14,751 Posts
Yeah, I'd like to see what the dismantle looks like actually. I think that's what worries me the most. I have a bad habit of taking things apart the wrong way (with a hammer :D), usually causing bouts of cursing and kicking things around.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts