Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey just wondering if anyone runs this kit or has run this kit in the past...tried searching through the yj forums but i really couldnt find anything...mostly tj owners run these kits.

just want to know the quality, ease of installation, wear of springs/parts over a time period, etc.

thanks

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
There's really not alot of difference in kits for YJ's other than the spring rates and I seriously doubt that every company makes their own springs. IMO a springover is the only way to do a YJ, but you have to be able to weld to do that

thats very true. good point. yeah not much of a welder...so thats out of the question.

i am assuming 5-leaf military wrapped springs are better than good quality?

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ooo ok. yeah a lot of it does have to do with personal preferences, like everything else in this world hahha.

i was looking between the rustys kit and rough country kit. but i guess ill end up going with the rough country kit like most people on this forum do haha. i was just curious on the quality and reviews of people who might be running the rustys kit. but i guess im SOL haha.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
let me ask you something else...your personal preference of course....what would be better brake relocation brakets or brake extensions?

·
Registered
312 Posts
I'm in the same boat as pumpjunky. already had the kit on when I purchased the Jeep. Leaf springs make for one wicked bumpy ride as it is but as far as flex in the shocks and performance on and off road i haven't had too many complaints. It wasn't maintained by the PO so if you keep the shocks greased and the leafs free of mud and debris its a decent kit. I'm partial to RC because I ran their 6 inch lift on my old 96 F150 and had zero complaints with it. But to each his own I guess. Whichever fits your budget and seems good enough to you. Sorry for rambling. haha. Just had a long night of wheelin.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts