Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

2121 - 2140 of 2160 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
There are some NOVA Jeepers going out to GW on monday.
Thanks for the heads up. Just took a look at their site. I'll probably try to be there for that. As many times as I've done flagpole, I've never been there to ride with other folks so hopefully it'll be a good time. 0900 at Sheetz, it is.

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
23,963 Posts
Good actually. Been moving. We just bought a 177 year old house in Culpeper. Speaking of VA inspection. I think I'm a couple months overdue. Oops...
Cool. My Manager lives somewhere out in Orange co. He too lives in a house built in the 1800’s.

·
Premium Member
1,175 Posts
Well... Moving is almost complete. The Jeep has been a real trooper. Been using it to pull my little 5x8 utility trailer back and forth all the while loaded up inside. Haven't put anything other than a ladder up top on the Gobi but I got to say I don't know how else I would have done it. I suppose I could have rented a van but where's the fun in that?

·
Registered
198 Posts
Moving is the pits. Hope it wraps up smoothly for you and everything settles in as planned. Is your new place a fixer upper or just the "normal" maintenance that comes with buying something with a few decades under her belt?

·
Registered
198 Posts
@JustOnlyME

Thanks for the heads up on the Labor Day NOVA Jeepers ride. I was able to get over there and met a good group of jeepers. They seem to be pretty active. The group is a little removed from us here in Central VA, but since the trails are closer to us, it makes for a decent meeting arrangement. Haha. Although, there was a fella there in a stock JLU that didn't get stuck at all, which in my wife's eyes invalidates all the $ I've spent on upgrades. Hahaha. But at least my new aluminum Doetsch Off-Road drag link flip kit and tie rod was already paid for and shipped.

·
Registered
23,963 Posts
@JustOnlyME

Thanks for the heads up on the Labor Day NOVA Jeepers ride. I was able to get over there and met a good group of jeepers. They seem to be pretty active. The group is a little removed from us here in Central VA, but since the trails are closer to us, it makes for a decent meeting arrangement. Haha. Although, there was a fella there in a stock JLU that didn't get stuck at all, which in my wife's eyes invalidates all the $ I've spent on upgrades. Hahaha. But at least my new aluminum Doetsch Off-Road drag link flip kit and tie rod was already paid for and shipped.

Cool deal on the fun time.

Not gonna lie, I've been out in the mountains more times with people from the NOVA / DMV area than here, locally. Not sure why. I just chalk it up to them wanting out of the big(er) city more than here.

·
Premium Member
1,175 Posts
Moving is the pits. Hope it wraps up smoothly for you and everything settles in as planned. Is your new place a fixer upper or just the "normal" maintenance that comes with buying something with a few decades under her belt?

It's been updated. Mostly. My list of honey-do's is pretty large.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Cool deal on the fun time.

Not gonna lie, I've been out in the mountains more times with people from the NOVA / DMV area than here, locally. Not sure why. I just chalk it up to them wanting out of the big(er) city more than here.
If I live in or around the beltway, I'd want to run away every weekend too! They have a Columbus day trip planned to somewhere I've never heard of. Long Mountain and Second Run? I think I'm gonna try to do that.

·
Registered
23,963 Posts
If I live in or around the beltway, I'd want to run away every weekend too! They have a Columbus day trip planned to somewhere I've never heard of. Long Mountain and Second Run? I think I'm gonna try to do that.

Cool. I think it’s Second mountain, and Long Run rd.

Hell, I might try and make It.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Haha. Finally made an upgrade worth showing. Got my Schrockworks rock rails put on this afternoon. Should have been doing yardwork but the tractor was acting up, so... And if anyone was wondering, drilling 12 holes in the frame (well 13 with the one do-over) and then impacting 12 self-tappers in will wear out a 20v Porter Cable drill and impact gun. Haha. But they aren't going anywhere. Tie rod and drag link are supposed to arrive this week. Then I can tear it apart and do that and the track bar brackets at both ends. I think I'm going to wait on ball joints until I can find a reputable shop to weld c-gussets on. I know it's an extra tear down, but they aren't showing the wear signs the tie rod and drag links ends are. We shall see.

·
Registered
23,963 Posts
Haha. Finally made an upgrade worth showing. Got my Schrockworks rock rails put on this afternoon. Should have been doing yardwork but the tractor was acting up, so... And if anyone was wondering, drilling 12 holes in the frame (well 13 with the one do-over) and then impacting 12 self-tappers in will wear out a 20v Porter Cable drill and impact gun. Haha. But they aren't going anywhere. Tie rod and drag link are supposed to arrive this week. Then I can tear it apart and do that and the track bar brackets at both ends. I think I'm going to wait on ball joints until I can find a reputable shop to weld c-gussets on. I know it's an extra tear down, but they aren't showing the wear signs the tie rod and drag links ends are. We shall see.

Right on! I dig it.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
i think that will wear out many cordless drills depending on what battery you're using but definitely any compact battery like the one in your pic.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Hey all,

Was debating a Saturday morning trip up Bald Mountain/Big Levels over here near Waynesboro if anyone is up for it. I think a morning run would beat the rain, but I wasn't planning anything super early if any of you are driving from the far east. Haha.

·
Registered
23,963 Posts
Hey all,

Was debating a Saturday morning trip up Bald Mountain/Big Levels over here near Waynesboro if anyone is up for it. I think a morning run would beat the rain, but I wasn't planning anything super early if any of you are driving from the far east. Haha.

Sorry I missed it.. did ya get out at all?

·
Registered
198 Posts
I woke up that day to rain over here and did a non-jeeper thing and went back to bed. Haha. I ended up going out on Monday for an easy ride. I am hoping to get out on a few more before it gets too cold and miserable. I'll try to remember to post them on here in case anyone else is free at the same time. I bought all the parts for the steering upgrades, but now I'm trying to save to truss the axle before I actually fix the stuff I already bought. Maybe we'll get another $1,200 stimulus check...

·
Registered
23,963 Posts
Cool deal.

I’m debating on going 35 with lockers and a regrear, Or selling. I don’t get out much anymore.

decisions, decisions.

2121 - 2140 of 2160 Posts